Shill bidding?

lolobgo
Community Member

Hi Guys,

I've been bidding on an item that has been removed before the end of the auction once before, and the guy relisted it. The guy has a 0 Feedback rate.... i thought it might have just been a newbee seller.....

Once again i bid on it, but was outbid in the last 5 minutes.... That was all good as i didn't want to pay that much anyway... but then i looked at the winners bidding details.... I dunno if i am reading this wrong, or there is shill bidding going on... 

heres the details

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 18
Items bid on: 7
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100% Help
Bid retractions: 0
Bid retractions (6 months):

Vehicle Parts & Accessories > Other 1 Seller 1 <1h
 Vehicle Parts & Accessories > Classic, Vintage Parts 2 Seller 1 2d 7h
 Vehicle Parts & Accessories > Vintage Car & Truck Parts 1 Seller 1 1d 15h
 Vehicle Parts & Accessories > Engines, Components 10 Seller 1 1d 16h
 Vehicle Parts & Accessories > Other 1 Seller 1 2d 22h
 Vehicle Parts & Accessories > Engines, Components 1 Seller 1 2d
 Vehicle Parts & Accessories > Other 2 Seller 1 1d 23h

I read that as the winning bidder has only bid on this particular sellers items.....  And bid on all 7 of his items? 

Am i reading that info right? do you guys reckon it's shill bidding? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Shill bidding?

@padi*0409 wrote:

4chan, I guess you didn't notice that the 2 members you replied to posted over 6 YEARS AGO, so your replies are pretty much irrelevant and have no bearing on the post that alancooper made when he bumped the thread, and which shows no evidence of shill bidding at all. Did you even read the replies countess and myself made to that ?

Just saying........................

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You never know. Last year you padi*0409 or davewil1964 said the same thing and then the poster who hadn't been in the forum for a number of years came back with in days to reply. Bit of silence from you know who after that *wink*.

Nothing irrelevant about my reply which is relative to the topic. Sock-puppets are used often in bidding as well as in other applications.  ๐Ÿ‘€

Message 41 of 44
Latest reply

Oh we know. LOL

Message 42 of 44
Latest reply

"Nothing irrelevant about my reply which is relative to the topic. Sock-puppets are used often in bidding as well as in other applications."

Maybe relevant to the topic 4C BUT it was irrelevant to the member that bumped the 6 year old thread. I have no doubt the 2 members that you directed your comments to have worked out after 6 years how to deal with shill bidding in regards to reporting it (probably a waste of time), spotting it, or avoiding sellers that practice it.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 43 of 44
Latest reply

Check out the misinformation being copied and pasted over in the MP threads.

Serioiusly, someone could really get steered wrong and get into all sorts of strife listening to some members who don't check for the latet questions, don't read responses and replies and have little to no idea what they are talking about.

Are you susposed to report them to get the answer off the thread or what ? No idea on  the protocol there

Message 44 of 44
Latest reply