Should I be worried about the seller?

I bought an item last month from a seller who stated the item was in Australia. However from my communication with them, I would say they are in China. They have messaged several times keeping me updated and explaining that there was a problem with the shipping.  They asked for my address to confirm that it was being shipped to the correct address. It was supposed to be shipped with Australia Post but I never got a tracking number, even when I asked for it. Now they say the item has been returned to their warehouse and rather than resending it, they will repay me.

I did my purchase through Paypal.

I know things get lost in the post and their communication has been helpful. They have a high rating with eBay. And yet I still feel suspicious.

And I right to feel concerned? 

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chinese sellers and Chinese drop shippers here in Aus are notorious for stringing buyers along because the items ARE coming from O.S. after misrepresenting item location.

Get the refund and find another seller. Smiley Wink

image host

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Chinese sellers and Chinese drop shippers here in Aus are notorious for stringing buyers along because the items ARE coming from O.S. after misrepresenting item location.

Get the refund and find another seller. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Was that the seller who has 61 negs in the past month?

Don't let them trick you into waiting until it is too late to open a dispute

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Ahh! Yes, they have had 61 negatives in the last month. How long is to long to wait? How do you open a dispute?

Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks. Will do.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@bluesandra01 wrote:

Ahh! Yes, they have had 61 negatives in the last month. How long is to long to wait? How do you open a dispute?

Thanks for your help.

Why do you need to open a dispute?   The seller has already said he will refund your money.

Has the refund been actioned yet?  If you funded the payment with a credit or debit card the refund will go back to the card and take a few days to appear.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I'll wait a few days and see if my money is refunded. Thanks.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

deeau84
Community Member

get refund, i had  chinese seller here in asutralia  tried same thing, had a bad negative history going back to 2005 , pays to read the negative

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I've got the refund now. Will read the negative reviews in future. Thanks for everyone's help.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply