Item 272863237130

Aside from being HUGELY over priced (including the postage) also asking $10 for local pickup (what the ..), the item is physically broken and it's visible in one of the pictures but no reference to that in any description.  Misleading?  I think so.

I wish 'Report item' had a 'Picture doesn't match description' option.

Rather, some poor shmuck might buy that, then discover the breakage and then have to go through the entire refund process, which would likely be rejected by the seller and a drawn out battle would ensue.  I say likely because it's my experience that when a seller puts ridiculous prices on stuff they're not looking to simply off load an old item, they want the money.  Historically these old laptops never sell for more than $200 and there's another available now with a buy now of $110 + $40 with more stuff extra.

I just hate these types of sellers.  Rant over.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Item 272863237130

It would be the problem of the buyer for not asking questions or researching to get a better item and price if they were not happy.

Yes sellers should be accurate but many are not but it is also up to the buyer to know what they are getting.

As for the price if a buyer is willing to pay it then that is their choice.

Also if the $10 pick up option is known then again that is there for the buyer to see BUT for a pick up they should only hand over the money IF they are happy.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Item 272863237130

Possibly taken down because I asked, "Is there any physical damage to the item?" 

Got a comprehensive answer, which was good, but included this.

"If you mean things like, is the screen cracked or the casing damaged, the answer is no but as the photos show .."  Went on to describe it's life in a smoker environment etc contributing to the look of it.

The casing is damaged.

Possibly reading this thread right now.  In fairness the seller spoke of it being a collectible piece etc and probably in all honesty never thought of the broken hinge.  Innocent enough.

Anyway, the seller seems like a nice human so I'm not troubled by it at all and I would imagine it will reappear soon enough.

Thanks for all the responses.  I forgot about the email thing as I had eBay boot a listing once.

Hey enigmabear .. can ya put a line above your sig or something.  I kept reading your first response trying to relate it to the message above.  I was like, I'm just not getting it ... lol.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Item 272863237130

It would be the problem of the buyer for not asking questions or researching to get a better item and price if they were not happy.

Yes sellers should be accurate but many are not but it is also up to the buyer to know what they are getting.

As for the price if a buyer is willing to pay it then that is their choice.

Also if the $10 pick up option is known then again that is there for the buyer to see BUT for a pick up they should only hand over the money IF they are happy.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Item 272863237130

go-tazz
Community Member

They have telephone numbers and an Email address in the lsiting and it's still "live"?shok.gif

It was for sale previously at $450 with pick up only.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Item 272863237130

Listing has been taken down

All 114 listings have their phone number and email address

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Item 272863237130

If one were so inclined, for what policy violation would one report listings such as these?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Item 272863237130

I think there is (or used to be) a publish contact information in one of the headings?

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Item 272863237130

You're gunna check all 114 listings?

Go for it - report item on the right hand side of the listing

report.PNG

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Item 272863237130

@imastawka wrote:

Listing has been taken down

All 114 listings have their phone number and email address

Not all and the point was that some have being going for more than 11 days and hadn't been removed,(why

didn't the bots pick up on the Email address or telephone numbers?)

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Item 272863237130

That is a Santa quiz

jolly good question

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Item 272863237130

Possibly taken down because I asked, "Is there any physical damage to the item?" 

Got a comprehensive answer, which was good, but included this.

"If you mean things like, is the screen cracked or the casing damaged, the answer is no but as the photos show .."  Went on to describe it's life in a smoker environment etc contributing to the look of it.

The casing is damaged.

Possibly reading this thread right now.  In fairness the seller spoke of it being a collectible piece etc and probably in all honesty never thought of the broken hinge.  Innocent enough.

Anyway, the seller seems like a nice human so I'm not troubled by it at all and I would imagine it will reappear soon enough.

Thanks for all the responses.  I forgot about the email thing as I had eBay boot a listing once.

Hey enigmabear .. can ya put a line above your sig or something.  I kept reading your first response trying to relate it to the message above.  I was like, I'm just not getting it ... lol.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply