Sick of couriers!!! I have to catch a bus to pick up my item delivered to the neighbouring suburb!

I don't why all of a sudden all the sellers are starting to use company called "courier please", two of my items are send to a newagent in a neighbouring suburb! **bleep**?! I have to catch a bus to pick it up? 

All these hassle is uncalled for. What can I do? Take it up with the seller or the courier? Should I leave neg for the seller for choosing a courier instead of Auspost because it's wasting my time?

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Sick of couriers!!! I have to catch a bus to pick up my item delivered to the neighbouring subur

I think it comes down to price.

Sometimes the price difference is

just too much and sellers have

to go with the cheapest.

Message 11 of 36
Latest reply

Re: Sick of couriers!!! I have to catch a bus to pick up my item delivered to the neighbouring subur

@toysandthings12 wrote:

I think it comes down to price.

Sometimes the price difference is

just too much and sellers have

to go with the cheapest.

Choosing a company that gives terrible service is very much counterproductive.   Buyers just will not return as repeat buyers.

And I am not sure why the price difference is the deciding factor as the seller does not pay for the postage....if they price their items correctly the buyer pays the postage.

Message 12 of 36
Latest reply

I called up CourierPlease (not Hubbed, they simply ask you to contact Courierplease) the next day morning, they first wanted me to pick up from the newsagency, and I adamantly refused to do so and requested the items to be redeliveried to my address and leave it in the backyard, then the lady on the phone was like "okay we'll call you back".

Few hours later I got an email that basically requested the driver to redeliver the parcel to my address and leave it in the backyard. The item was redeliveried that day.

So overall it was pretty hassle free after you call you them up and tenaciously refuse to pick the item if it is not in a reasonable distance.

But I am still getting emails from Hubbed saying my parcel is still in the newagent and asking me to collected it. Obviously they have communication issues given that so many companies are involved in this delivery.

Message 13 of 36
Latest reply

I'm glad it worked out for you.

It is a lot more productive to hold your temper but insist that you get the service that you paid for.

It usually works for me.

Message 14 of 36
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I believe they are a brokerage.

Maybe OP can use the 10% discount and a portion of their 6 figure salary to catch a taxi a couple of suburbs? Surely wouldn't cost that much.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

What l think the OP is trying to tell us dave, is that he has to use one of the Vehicles from his 6 Figure Salary to go and collect the items.

No harm there dave, one Vehicle has an VOLVO emblem on the front Grille, the other has a MERCEDES- BENZ emblem on the front Grille.

His 6 figure salary affords him to use either, or both. 

IT IS CALLED A BUS.

Message 15 of 36
Latest reply

That is exactly what the OP is complaining about.....having to use a bus to go and collect his parcel from a newsagent in another suburb when the courier was paid to deliver it to his home.

I was expected to go to a newsagent 3 suburbs away to collect my parcel which was with the same courier company.

I did not bother coming here to complain, but I was just as annoyed as kuromusha about it and I don't believe he should be attacked for expressing his anger.

Message 16 of 36
Latest reply

oaeu

Message 17 of 36
Latest reply

Please explain????

Message 18 of 36
Latest reply

Possible link to a double identity......................who knows lyndal.................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 19 of 36
Latest reply

Googleject is one of the OP's IDs

Message 20 of 36
Latest reply