Sick of lying sellers with fake tracking and ebay not caring.

prettyfar
Community Member

Really sick of trying to buy items within Australia, having the seller mark as sent and then play with the shipping info to make it look like Auspost has the item, while waiting for it to come from china.

I've reported a few really blatent ones and ebay does exactly nothing to address the behaviour.

I have nothing against overseas sellers, but if I choose something locally with the expectation that it translates a fast turn delivery, and then get jerked around and lied to by sellers, and ebay dosent act even with absolute proof then I question why I continue to use ebay at all. 

Corona and the associated delays only serve to highlight the problem.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I'm not sure if you realise that if you go to a sellers profile you can see if they are registered in Australia. That is probably the best way to check if something is coming from here or overseas.

Latest reply

Oh look another one

I have a very strong political view on this which I daren't get into but

STOP  being such a tight wad before they take over the entire country. Look a little harder, your little problem is contributing to a much bigger problem

Rewrapped old dead batteries hmm bargain I might have to get me some of those

You didn't know? Garbage. You hoped they were in Australia for the price, really knowing it was unlikely, then come here for sympathy over your $2 loss 

Well the world has bigger problems

Buy your batteries at Bunnings lol

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I do 😉

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I agree, the is a good example

Tracking details
Winit tracking #WO01021839606585AU
  • 20 Apr 2020   9:29pm
  • Shipped via [AU POST]
  • 20 Apr 2020  9:29pm
  • Picked up Package from Origin
  • 19 Apr 2020   12:21am

Not recognised by Austraslia Post

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Postage:
FREE Standard Postage See details

Item location:
Sydney, Australia

Posts to: Australia

Delivery:  Estimated within 3-6 business days

**bleep** not in Australia

but you dont do anything about it, I guess Money talks

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Though I may not have purchased from them based on their feedback %age, the seller has some good feedback in relation to fast postage. They may well have a warehouse in Australia.

If the parcel has not been scanned by AP it will not show yet

There are a lot of delays at the moment and I have had parcels sitting for over 2 weeks in one location

If you are not happy to wait longer, you can open an INR when the system allows

tracking.JPG

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Judging by that tracking information it is characteristic of 4PL (Fourth-Party Logistics) carrier and once the big box arrives by airfreight consolidater it gets tipped into Australia Post's International Mail Centre at Chullora.  When that happens add 7-21 days for Australia Post to deliver locally, based on current volumes...

You will probably get it by Christmas.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@south.coffee wrote:

Judging by that tracking information it is characteristic of 4PL (Fourth-Party Logistics) carrier and once the big box arrives by airfreight consolidater it gets tipped into Australia Post's International Mail Centre at Chullora.  When that happens add 7-21 days for Australia Post to deliver locally, based on current volumes...

You will probably get it by Christmas.

Christmas 2021 😁

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Q: So why would an 'Oztralian seller' use a Chinese logistics tracking number to send your product from 'Sydney' to your Australian address ?

Australia Post: "We couldn't find your tracking number WO01021839606585AU might be incorrect or not in our system yet. It can take a while to show up here, so check back later".

TrackingMore: "Cannot identify carrier, tell us the correct carrier for this tracking number, we'll try to add/fix it ASAP"

A: Because it is not in Sydney, it is not in Australia.
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply