So Annoyed - What Do I Do Now ?

Purchased a Quiltcover set on E-Bay and paid straight away with Pay Pal.

Next I get a message from the seller they don't post to P.O. Boxes and need an address as they use a courier.

It doesn't say anything in the listing about a courier - under postage it says "standard delivery"

I don't want items to be delivered by courier - I would have never purchased the item had I known the seller uses courier delivery.

I want to cancel the transaction and get my money back, but don't see anywhere how to do this.

Any suggestions ??

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: So Annoyed - What Do I Do Now ?

Seller is the only one that can cancel.

If you don't have an address to give them, tell the seller they will need to refund and cancel the transaction.

Perhaps also suggest the seller revises listings to have the info clearly in the listings.

image host
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Thank you Kopenhagen - I've already let the seller know  I want to cancel and  the money refunded, but now they've gone quiet on me.

How do I progress from this point ?

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Appears your seller is actually located in China not NSW based on some of the recent negative feedback. I would open a PayPal item not received case as soon as the system allows. I also could not see anywhere for item number 191441595888 where they say they don't ship to PO Boxes.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Thank you for that great advice tstore - it seems the only option available to me, other than (most likely) having to jump through a lot of hoops trying to navigate the E-Bay system......

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Do they still have the "non performing seller" option or is that now called something else ??

Just goes to show that I have never had to do this before - I've never complained about a seller before.....

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

You are correct that item number 191441595888 has no information under the shipping tab. However, other quilt sets have

"

StandardRegistered post with tracking number, 2-7 business days
ExpressPremium courier delivery, priority processing, 1-3 business days
Insurance$2.60

Our parcels are delivered by courier with tracking numbers, please provide us with your street address and your contact number. Your order will be sent from our supplier directly" I did the bold print. Maybe the seller should use bold as well.

What item number did AnnieOakley2000 buy as I couldn't tell.

Unfortunately, that doesn't help the OP with their purchase. It's just a glitz with the seller and his listing this item. I thought registered post meant registered Australia Post. Therefore, A.P. could drop a card in the P.O. box for you to pickup the parcel.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

I purchased the doona cover set with Item no 191441595888.

In the postage section it reads: FREE - standard postage

Seller/item is supposedly located in Alexandria (N.S.W.)

In the listing there's nothing about use of a courier or any other postage method ......................

The seller has contacted me now and will post the item to my P.O. Box, provided I can wait until Monday for them to post as that is the only day they "go into the office" (whatever that means).

Of course I am happy with that - I don't really care what day they post my item as long as it's sent to my Post box instead of me chasing some courier all over the place and still have to pick up my item at some depot I can't get to.......

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

I am not sure if you realise but the sizes in that listing are not Australian Standard Size Quilt Covers so if you are using an Australian Size doona inside it isn't going to fit properly.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

The sheets are the same measurements for the double, queen and king sizes.  And the quilt cover measurements look very odd, even to a novice like me.

And according to the feedback, a lot of the items are posted from China, not Australia.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply