Startrack Sucks

sna-4293
Community Member

Hello and I'm back for another entertaining eBay Community Rant. This time, its about Startrack, owned by Australia Post. I posted recently that a package attempted delivery on 26 Oct 2021, shipped from the USA. I wasn't home, and instead of leaving it at the post office for me to collect, they sent it straight back to the deppo, who sent it back over east, and it has been lingering over east for nearly three weeks, ready for return to USA. I am really annoyed because they were unable to deliver something as small as a CD. This incident has caused my violation of eBay's terms of use, and guies, do you remember my threat to that seller? I took it out on him and blamed him, called him a scammer and acused him of not sending the parcel. I really hate Startrack because sellers have to pay for a premium service if they'd like their customer to have their parcel redirected to a locker or different address. I recently looked this up on Whirlpool Forum, and read some horror stories about parcels unable to be redirected, but luckily those parcels contained bulky items and not a poxy little CD. Startrack don't even send notices that a parcel will be delivered, and I found out one day too late via tracking it that it had gone back to the Depo to be taken straight back over east to be sent back to Chicago. I really hate Starck, and i want to make sellers aware that Startrack is a joke and is to be avoyded because it will cause both buer and seller a lot of headache. Startrack has caused me to cause greef to the seller who I threatened. I hate Startrack, and I'm sick of their silly games. Thank you for reading my weekly eBay Community Rant. PS this is about "The Best Of: the Definitive Collection" by Gerry & the Pacemakers. The replacement has now arrived in Sydney, and I doubt I will actually be getting it because it is another Startrack delivery. I hate Startrack.

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Startrack Sucks

Right I'll ask my Brother. His wife is always home.

Message 11 of 37
Latest reply

For starters, sign up to My Post, available through the Aust Post site. It's free to join. Then download the My Post app onto your phone. When you are getting a delivery, you will get notifications, including that it's up for delivery that day.

I would then set up a parcel collect address for your local post office. You can do that via the app. Instead of your address being:

John Smith

41 That Street

Some Place 1100

It will look like:
John Smith

Parcel Collect 12345-67890

123 Post Office Street (that actual address of your post office)

Some Place 1100.

What that means is, any parcel that would be delivered by AP or Star Track, will be sent straight to the PO. You are notified that it's ready for collection through the app, and have 4 weeks to collect it. It is different again to a parcel locker, which you can access at any time of the day or night. BTW, it doesn't cost any extra postage to have you items sent parcel collect or parcel locker. It's not a premium service.

I started using that option because I got sick of parcels getting stolen from the front door. I got a notification at 7.15am this morning saying I have a parcel ready to collect from the PO.

The really good thing about parcel collect is if you are going away somewhere and want a delivery, you can change the location to the closest PO near where you're going. Your My Post number stays the same, you just need to change the address to whatever the PO is that would be closest to you. The app will tell you the address.

With My Post, for a lot of deliveries, you can get mail redirected. So, if you have something coming, and you can see the tracking, and you suddenly have to go away somewhere, you can redirect it to where you're staying. It adds an extra day or 2, but saves an item sitting at your front door until you get home. With parcel collect, you don't need to worry about that, because it will sit at the PO waiting for you.

Seriously, this can solve a lot of your problems with delivery. Definitely worth looking into. The only time you can't use parcel collect is if the seller uses a courier. You can use it for overseas purchases if they are sending it regular mail and not a courier service.

When making an ebay purchase, or from another platform, change your address to the parcel collect address, in PayPal, or your preferred payment option, before payment, and you're good to go. 

Message 12 of 37
Latest reply

@sna-4293 wrote:

So let's have a little bet. What do you predict next week's problem is going to be. I'll like so bet that I didn't get my White Plains CD from Amazon Prime. That is also coming by Startrack. Starcrap.

I'll bet you don't use paragraphs . . . again!

Suits me as I don't read large slabs of text (I am a male . .   so I have a short attention span).

Message 13 of 37
Latest reply

My album is going on really good. A couple of weeks ago, I posted here that I was writing an album about this whole situation with Startrack and the CD being sent back, and I have written and recorded a few more tracks, and now I have ten. It will be getting released early next year because I want to put together a full 80 minute CD worth of music about my Startrack problems, and i think the full 80 minutes will probably be used up just after new year. I have two David Bowie ones done. First I have "starman" and changed it to "Startrack", and I also have "Space Oddity" done, ground control to Major Tom. I have changed it to ground control to Dandenong. The song is about the online chats I had with Startrack, and in the end of this song, one of the workers dies of Covid and it is a really sad ending. Just when the CD is going to be sent back to me and safe dropped, the delivery lady gets really sick in her tin can with her boyfriend and the CD goes missing.

Message 14 of 37
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

Suits me as I don't read large slabs of text (I am a male . .   so I have a short attention span).

How about listening to 80 minutes of a home-made CD denigrating Startrack then ?

No ?   I thought not slr........................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 15 of 37
Latest reply

If they are going to murder a Bowie album, instead of Queen B*itch their version should be plagiarism is a b*itch

Canโ€™t wait for next weekโ€™s yawn

Message 16 of 37
Latest reply

sna-4293
Community Member

Well... Well... Well... Here it is. Gerry & the Pacemakers The Best of: The Definitive Collection. Finally! They come through. Finally! Got it!

Message 17 of 37
Latest reply

CD is here now. Thank god.

Message 18 of 37
Latest reply

Unfortunately no more entertainment for you until after Christmas. Sorry, but my CD has come, so that means I've got nothing to say until after Christmas. Good for me. I think the CD is great. Unless you try and sell me More Hooked On Christmas- 60 Non Stop Favourites. Now, that was a real bad CD, and I just previewed it on YouTube just then, and it just wasn't as good as Hooked On Christmas- 24 Non Stop Favourites. Now More Hooked On Christmas- 60 Non Stop Favourites is defenetly ranting and raving on about because it is a really bad CD with no singing and just bad renditions of Christmas songs. Maybe next week's rant will be about haw bad that album is and will probably be posted on Quora because I didn't buy that CD here.

Message 19 of 37
Latest reply

I have my CD now. Gerry & the Pacemakers CD is here. Unfortunately I was just about to order Hooked On Christmas Vol. 2- 60 Non Stop Favourites, but it was a really **bleep**py CD, so I cancelled it. Wait. I just ordered it half an hour ago, and I put the address of the landfill on both eBay and PayPal, and the seller gave me $50.00 just to take it because it was really bad.

Message 20 of 37
Latest reply