Still haven't received my items

I purchased a muffin top tray from USA back in September and still haven't received it, I've sent so many msg with only one response, i have even opened a complaint with PayPal, only for them to tell they can't help me. Not to sure what to do next.
Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Still haven't received my items

If you still want a muffin tray, you will have to find somewhere else to purchase it from.

You will not be getting that one.

That's really all that you can do.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

If you need to dispute a transaction, it must be done within 45 days from the payment. Some overseas purchases can take a little longer than that, but if you open the dispute within 45 days, you can wait up to another 20 days (19 days recommended), before escalating to a claim to get your money back (if the seller can not provide valid proof of shipment or delivery).

If you funded your payment with a credit card, you may be able to initiate a chargeback, but you would need to speak to your card provider as there are different limitations between different card-types and banks.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Must be super special. I can get muffin trays from my local Woolies.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

If this order did not arrive to you within a month you should have complained to ebay.  It is probably too late now as so much time has passed.  In future if you order items from overseas ask the seller how long it will take for you to receive it from them. 

If they are a reliable seller they should have some idea on their delivery times.  Never wait over a month before you send a complaint to ebay to tell them that seller has not sent you your order on time. 

I hope you have not lost too much money with this particular order.  Learn from this mistake and be careful who you buy from. 

Also if you have not received your order within a couple of weeks send the seller a message telling them you are going to leave them negative feedback comments and this sometimes makes them reply to your messages quicker.  Sellers do not like getting customers leaving them bad feedback comments.  

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@smiling.susan2011 wrote:

If this order did not arrive to you within a month you should have complained to ebay.  It is probably too late now as so much time has passed.  In future if you order items from overseas ask the seller how long it will take for you to receive it from them. 

If they are a reliable seller they should have some idea on their delivery times.  Never wait over a month before you send a complaint to ebay to tell them that seller has not sent you your order on time. 

I hope you have not lost too much money with this particular order.  Learn from this mistake and be careful who you buy from. 

Also if you have not received your order within a couple of weeks send the seller a message telling them you are going to leave them negative feedback comments and this sometimes makes them reply to your messages quicker.  Sellers do not like getting customers leaving them bad feedback comments.  

This can be a bad idea. It can be construed as against feedback policy and is unlikely to make a seller more cooperative, especially if that is (as it should be) the first the seller hears from the buyer. if somebody told me they were going to leave me a neg when something hadn't arrived from the other side of the world in a fortnight, I would probably consider the neg inevitable and cut my losses.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@smiling.susan2011 wrote:

Why complain to eBay? What can they do?

Wouldn't it be more effective to raise an INR through PayPal?

Additionally, as Dave has said, "threatening" negative feedback could quite possibly breach the Feedback Extortion Policy, result in the negative feedback being removed AND give the buyer a strike against their account.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

One thing I recently had was a seller (who didn't deliver and still hasn't after 4 months refunded money) refusing to refund money UNTIL his neg feedback was removed IMHO- thats blackmail- and I refuse to cave in to such negative feedback remains and I have begun legal action against the seller personally this seems to be a common tactic by `some' lower class sellers
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

That would be about your only option.

As you only have a 45 day window to open a claim with Paypal.

It wouldn't have mattered if you had revised your feedback, you still wouldn't have got your money back if it was past the 45 days.

As has been mentioned ad nauseam on these boards - never never never let a seller string you past 45 days. never never never use an unsafe payment method unless you are happy to lose the money or have had multiple successful transactions with that seller.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

luckily the seller is an au (reseller) so legal action is an option here

unfortunately, with  most sellers quoting a month shipping time as a minimum, there wouldnt many not getting a neg feedback if I used ebay timelines...

personally I would be a 1 starer for ebay itself, its the best of a bad lot- not that should be anything they should be proud of...

I been an ebayer since about 2008 from memory... it has declined in protecting the seller in a big way since I joined- luckily most sellers are actually legit and actually want to help their buyers get past any issues

Unfortunately the current ebay rules  help the crooked sellers far more than they help buyers, I am lucky in that my sister is a lawyer so I get legal help for free (or the cost of a good bottle of jack daniels)- which has helped me plenty in the past, but if I had to pay for my legal assistance, ebay would be far less attractive to me as a buyer

as it is- I mostly buy online elsewhere- and only buy in country for big $ items where I can go after the seller legally, or its so cheap I dont care I I lose money on it or not

Hardly a glowing recommendation for the current ebay model tho

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply