Stolen Identity

I have recently been scammed on eBay from someone in China who has stolen my identity.

I have been with eBay since 1999 and have 77 100% feedback scores and I am not happy about someone else using my honesty to scam another eBayer.  

The above alias is a new one as I had to re-register to be able to communicate!

I can no longer access my  eBay account becuase eBay does not recognise my original registered email addresst.

If I use my  original alias  (warmtone) to change my password eBay sends an email to the scammer 's email address!

I note my profile shows that I reside in China. Guess what I reside in Australia!  

I am writing this message out of complete frustration because  eBay Customer Service have yet to respond to this issue even after 4 email attempts via "Customer Service"  to rectify  the situation.  

eBay can easily validate that what I am saying is trrue from my original registration details but so far has shown zero interst.

From my persepctive this is unacceptable response and reflects badly on eBay.

I am interested to learn if others have experienced similar identity theft issues?  If so how did do you get your orginal account back?

Also I am looking for advice on how to get eBay to take some positive action in this matter

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Stolen Identity

Phone eBay, don't wait for an email response.

http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1586&optionId=1492415534

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Stolen Identity

Thanks for the tip,  but I could not find a telephone number??

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Stolen Identity

Click the Call Us button and you'll see a phone number and a code to use.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply