Stop Chinese scams

Two items purchased this week with iitem locations in Sydney. Turns out they are location scammers from Hong Kong and China. They dont have anything in Australia and have likely never set foot here. My items do not arrive on time and the scammers have supplied a chinese tracking number. Its been enterd as an Auspost tracking number through ebay but Auspost website does not recognise the number.  

Ebay are fully aware but because they make a cut from these scams and because there are so many it's a good revenue. This started becoming an absolute joke.. People select the AUSTRALIA ONLY BUTTON all they get is dozens of Chinese scammers misrepresenting the location. Its been happening for more than a decade.

What we need to do is get together. There needs to be mass complaints at the same time to the ACCC and also members of parliment. Regarding this. Given the current situation i think it's about time people start to wake up to deceptive Chinese. 

Who wants to join me?

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: Stop Chinese scams

HEY did i say i was perfect shurlock homes?

This is just the attitude i am talking about.. Deceptive. What to you is perfectly normal with hiding the truth in a place whare it can be overlooked.. Yes i know my way around ebay. I have not used it regularly for a few years..

Like i said. I needed a face mask fast and local. I chose only Australian listings. I see that the seller has written in his description himself that the item will be posted within 2 days from Sydney. He also stated thet itt will arrive via Auspost within 7 days.. Ebay item llocation is Sydney.. So, Ebay and the seller say it's from Sydney..

Why does it matter where else i look.. If he is chinese and had the stock in Sydney i would not be here talking about this.. You are saying that even if i had looked it's my mistake, however ebay is saying the item is in sydney so maybe its a chinese seller who does actually sell out of sydney.  Why would i be here if that was the case.. Fact is he could have been from iceland. He could have had a warehouse in Australia.. My point goes past people with dificulties.

It is totally legit if chinese want to have items in Australia so even if someone finds his registration it means little because there are chinese sellers with stock in Australia.. Therefore the item location is by all means in Australia according to the ebay listing even if it is a chinese seller.. The fact that he is registered elsewhare means nothing. I still expected my stock from Sydney. Does that make sense or has the pandemic made you all stupid?

Message 11 of 54
Latest reply

Lets ask those who have commented that its my fault for buying.

If you use Australian only listings, Find an item with ebay location in Sydney. Read description which states that item ships from Sydney within 2 days. States that Auspost is used and will arive within 7 days of purchse. 

Now being that chinese can sell stock out of Australia and there are many who do..  what part of this is my bad for thinking the item would come from Sydney? Interested to here why seller registration is as important as you think.

Personally i think its more the fact that the seller is dishonest rather than a buyers fault.  Anybody think that sellers should be honest and ebay should make sure they are?  Too many low iq's on ebay

Message 12 of 54
Latest reply

@proshop71 wrote:

HEY did i say i was perfect shurlock homes?

No you didn't, but it's not rocket science to look at feedback for pointers on where a seller is and what their feedback tells you.

This is just the attitude i am talking about.. Deceptive. What to you is perfectly normal with hiding the truth in a place whare it can be overlooked.. Yes i know my way around ebay. I have not used it regularly for a few years..

Yes, it can be overlooked, but experienced members like yourself don't often miss something like that.

Like i said. I needed a face mask fast and local. I chose only Australian listings. I see that the seller has written in his description himself that the item will be posted within 2 days from Sydney. He also stated thet itt will arrive via Auspost within 7 days.. Ebay item llocation is Sydney.. So, Ebay and the seller say it's from Sydney..

The jury's still out on whether face masks are effective. Besides that, even if the seller did have some stock in Sydney, it would have probably been snapped up very quickly.

Why does it matter where else i look.. If he is chinese and had the stock in Sydney i would not be here talking about this.. You are saying that even if i had looked it's my mistake, however ebay is saying the item is in sydney so maybe its a chinese seller who does actually sell out of sydney.  Why would i be here if that was the case.. Fact is he could have been from iceland. He could have had a warehouse in Australia.. My point goes past people with dificulties.

Some Chinese sellers do have warehousing facilities in Australia, but even those that do would not be carrying their full stock there. eBay doesn't say the item's in Sydney, the seller does that when they list their item.

It is totally legit if chinese want to have items in Australia so even if someone finds his registration it means little because there are chinese sellers with stock in Australia.. Therefore the item location is by all means in Australia according to the ebay listing even if it is a chinese seller.. The fact that he is registered elsewhare means nothing. I still expected my stock from Sydney. Does that make sense or has the pandemic made you all stupid?

My point was that the seller's feedback will often show that they are sending items from their home country not Australia.

No, the pandemic hasn't made me stupid, but it does seem to have brought a lot of panic buyers out to strip supermarket shelves, for no apparent reason.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 13 of 54
Latest reply

Australia Post has a logistics company in China.....if the seller uses that company then they are perfectly well able to state that they are using Australia Post to send your item.

If you just take a few seconds to see where the seller is registered and the time it will take to get to you it might be that you can avoid the location misrepresentation.

And if you choose to stir up trouble against ebay don't expect too many members to support you.....you are not allowed to do this and it can lead to suspension of your account.

Most of us prefer to just click the mouse a few times to see where the seller is registered.

Message 14 of 54
Latest reply

No you didn't, but it's not rocket science to look at feedback for pointers on where a seller is and what their feedback tells you.

That is true however i did not say i did not look at  negative feedback.  Did not see any negatives regading location. Had the usual negatives but large seller with well over 30ksales. this is why i assume its in Australia no matter where seller is registrered.

Yes, it can be overlooked, but experienced members like yourself don't often miss something like that.

You are right. Because it was after that i realized and noticed, However, If anyone wants to sell from sydney ebay lets them. I have bought from chenese buyers with stock locations in syndney.. If i had seen registration before purchase i may have not doen it because i do know about chinese. The point is large sellers from china sometimes have Stock here so no matter where he is from he has registered with ebay that stock is in Sydney.. Ebay have just said ok, we trust you no questions asked.. I have a right to think my item is in Sydney.

The jury's still out on whether face masks are effective. Besides that, even if the seller did have some stock in Sydney, it would have probably been snapped up very quickly.  

Oh ok, Well there is my problem. They are not proven effective so i shouldn't have been buying one and therfore nobody is reponsible for deceptive listings on ebay.. Yes you could be right. Then you would not have any stock in Sydney and should list accordingly. Pretty sure the listing said 17 left lol

Some Chinese sellers do have warehousing facilities in Australia, but even those that do would not be carrying their full stock there. eBay doesn't say the item's in Sydney, the seller does that when they list their item.

I see. So therfore its ok to say the stock is in Sydney.. Oh i forgot about that that clause in the ebay honest act. Yes if you run out just tell people its here and its on Auspost.  I remember now, whan i was a seller and ran out i used to tell my customers its in the mail while i ordered it from china and made them wait 5 weeks.  Sorry if i am so sarcastic but you are making excuses for bad business.

My point was that the seller's feedback will often show that they are sending items from their home country not Australia.

No, the pandemic hasn't made me stupid, but it does seem to have brought a lot of panic buyers out to strip supermarket shelves, for no apparent reason.  

Ok but as i said there was nothing major that i noticed in his negatives and being he had 32k feedback and buyers worldwide its very feesable to think that there is indead stock in Sydney just as listed.  Anyhow, Seller is lier and buyer just wants what is listed its not customers fault for any reason when seller is out and out lier.     I am so over it.. I will be making some complaints but dont exppect them to go far.. i will get my money back or a poor quality fake.   Just don't understand people here defending these people.  It's like saying if you get Coronavirus it's your fault for needing to buy food. You know the risks so dont eat.  

Message 15 of 54
Latest reply

Explain to me what seller location has to do with it?

You are saying that the item should not be in Sydney if any seller anywhere in the world registers it with ebay as being in sydney?

Are you saying that because he is chinese it must be a scam and i should know that. Do you realize many Chinese sellers have actual stock in Australia.  What if the seller was from NZ. would you say that is likely a location scam?  I already stated that the seller uses a Chinese tracking number and puts it in ebay as Auspost.. He is not using Auspost.. You seem to be making a lot of exuses for really bad business, i hope you don't sell on here.

Do you think i have any admiration for ebay? You might be scared of Ebay but i am not. They can do what they want with my account because i am Right and they are wrong.. I do not bow down to anyone if i am right.  Aint nobody going to suspend my account for speaking my mind and having my opinion.. Trust me if i was to make a complaint to the ACCC and whoever i want Ebay could not touch my account.. you might be subservient but i prefer to live my own life. Ebay wont touch my account unless i break some policy. I can take them to court and still have my account so i don't know what you are on about. 

Most of us prefer to click a mouse and see were the seller is registered.. ONCE AGAIN explain what that means. If a seller registers stock with ebay in Sydney whare would you expect it to be?.. Where does Ebay expect it to be? Do you think ebay told him to register it in Sydney but ship it from china..    Is it because he is chinese or because ebay lets him do as he pleases?  Would ebay policy say that you must have an adress and stock where you register its location?  I suggest it does...You seem to think that because the sellers registration was not noticed at the time of purchase there is no accountability for seller or ebay. Yet if the seller Sends me fake, broken or not as described i should hold ebay accountable to get my money back? 

Message 16 of 54
Latest reply

hey proshop, can you let us know the item number for the item you bought?

thanks

Message 17 of 54
Latest reply

Very unlikely your seller had actual stock of facemaks in Australia and you fell for the "Australian Stock" and "Fast Delivery" bs that many Chinese sellers use to give themselves a dishonest and unfair advantage over the Hong Kong or mainland seller. Some may be registered in Australia and display the item location as Australia but that means little because despite years of complaints eBay did absolutely nothing about it.  

Now the virus has hit all the dodgy sellers with multiple accounts which they stopped using once feedback dropped too low have suddenly began selling thousands of boxes of disposable facemasks claiming to already have them in stock here in Australia.  I find that hard to believe and is likely they have just been ordered from Chinese suppliers.

Even Rivers Australia who is a clothing and shoes shop has jumped on the facemaks bandwagon and began selling facemasks online.  But unlike the eBay scammers who claim Aust stock and fast delivery  they will admit it is a pre-order and will take 6 weeks for delivery.   

Of course your seller could have been one of the importers who had his masks seized,  Australia seizes faulty coronavirus protective equipment imported from China , in which case is just as well you didn't received your masks.

Message 18 of 54
Latest reply

yeah. Actually one order is a mask and the tracking is now showing a delivery date but it will be more than two weeks late.  That is why i wanted to buy local to avoid such delay and disputes with eaby cases. If Australian based selelr sends me something fake or not as described the whole prosess is much easier and faster. 

I dont think this was siezed by customs though as i have an estimated delivery date on the tracking. It was not a medical mask as such, just a generic reusable mask with respirator. Comes with some filters that are meant to be PM 2.5 but i'll bet they aren't. This would not be classed as medical PPE though i don't think.  Well at least rivers are honest, i am sure by law they have to tell customers and that is why Ebay should also be made to stop letting this happen on thier site.

Message 19 of 54
Latest reply

hey proshop, can you let us know the item number for the item you bought?

thanks

Message 20 of 54
Latest reply