The seller cancelled this order — just confirm that you received a refund. Reply now.

vlag83
Community Member

Hi there,

I purchased a telescope 15 Jun, 2018 from an overseas seller. I paid using my credit card linked to my paypal.

Later that night I called the selling for some advise and decided to cancel the order. I requested cancellation of order over the phone and the seller promptly cancelled the order without any issues. 

I have not received any refund into my paypal or credit card account till date. Last week I called/messaged the seller requesting updates. The seller responsed saying "I have accept/approve/agree on cancellation email from eBay".

I have not received any email from eBay requesting approval or confirmation of any sorts and only messages I have in the purchase history page for the order are

1.  On "Purchase History" page under "Returns and cancelled orders" section

The seller cancelled this order — just confirm that you received a refund. Reply Now

2. Order details page

Cancellation for this order is pending 

3. Cancel details page

The seller cancelled the order.
Did you pay for this order and receive a refund?
  • I didn't pay for this order
  • I paid for this order and I received a refund

What is the way forward for me now. 

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: The seller cancelled this order — just confirm that you received a refund. Reply now.

Just received a message from eBay (Germany)

abandonment of purchase SR # 1-164628554389

Dear Mr L, 
your seller should have your money back by July 3, 2018.

If you have the money in your PayPal account then please confirm this and close the case because of the not received item.

Best regards

C H
eBay customer service

Will wait till 3rd July and update you 

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

Re: The seller cancelled this order — just confirm that you received a refund. Reply now.

All sorted out. I received a refund today in Paypal. I have not recieved the funds in my credit card account and the paypal balance is 0.

I do see a refund transaction is paypal.

Is it safe to close the case now?

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

Igonre the previous question. The case closed automatically when I checked now. 

Resolution was to 

- Call eBay as per lyndal1838's advise

- Request a manual refund from the seller

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

If the refund has been actioned in paypal you can be sure that it is on the way.  It will not appear in your paypal account balance but will go back to the card account that it originally came from.  At this time of the week you can expect to have to wait till early next week for it to appear.  This timing is up to your bank rather than paypal.

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

vlag83
Community Member
Thank you.
Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

sna-4293
Community Member
Just contact the seller, give them the email address associated with your PayPal account then the refund will process. I had an issue two years ago. I had ton confirm that I wanted to cancel. Before I made sure I had a refund, I accepted to cancel. After that, the seller was unable to refund me. This week, the same thing happened with another seller. I decided to ask seller to refund first, but due to me not confirimng I wanted to cancel, the refund wasn't processed even though it says the refund was issued. So, I confirmed I wanted to cancel, gave seller my PayPal details and he sent the refund manually. This problem only occurs when I order from UK eBay. I'm going to have to steer clear of the UK site in future because the refund doesn't automate when the order is cancelled.
Message 27 of 27
Latest reply