There is an issue with the process on eBay searches.

There seems to be a loophole where overseas sellers can disguise their location. If you launch a search for only Australian sellers you will get a list of numerous products that come from Chinese based suppliers. They seem to be able to circumvent the system by stating that the item is in Australia, when it is possibly not. I now check the sellers profile before ordering anything on eBay. 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: There is an issue with the process on eBay searches.

eBay allows sellers to list the item location as being literally anywhere

Where the seller is registered along with their feedback is a FAR better indication of where the item is really located

personally, I do not buy anything until I look at that

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

eBay allows sellers to list the item location as being literally anywhere

Where the seller is registered along with their feedback is a FAR better indication of where the item is really located

personally, I do not buy anything until I look at that

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Very sensible.

Unfortunately many inexperienced or infrequent buyers don't know to do that, and so get caught out.
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

This is not a solution! The issue remains and searching for local items has long been laborious & frustrating.

I'm in Western Australia, 80km from Perth the capital. 10km away from me is a tiny speck on the map named North Yunderup. There's no retail or light industrial land in North Yunderup, just a fish n chips shop but there are now dozens of eBay sellers listing TENs of THOUSANDS of items as being located in little old North Yunderup.

I wanted to weed out the fakes so I tried to change the postal code on the eBay search engine to that of a large business suburb located 80km away in Perth. Just hoping to get a shorter list of items on which I'd STILL need to carry out the research suggested in this "solution".

Why is knowing the item location so important? I hear you ask.

There is nearly 3000km of Desert between Perth and the east coast distribution centers. By road thats 7 days. Nearer to Christmas its closer to 21 days. With the flooding experienced on the East Coast in recent years, Road Transport arrival times can be similar to freight from China.

I'be reported these fakers to eBay but there's nobody listing. eBay may as well change its name to China-Bay. I'm over it.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

See ya.

The post you are replying to is FOUR years old.

I have no idea how North Yunderup relates to the east coast of Australia. Nor what your, way after the fact, post actually relates to.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply