Thoughts on this payment option from seller?

Hi,

Well I saw somehting I liked, from an Oz seller, and checked all the usual stuff (seller rating, photos, cost of postage, delivery etc) and decided to make a bid....but somehow I missed this note in the listing:

PAYPAL IS FOR INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS ONLY.

I've won the item and the options for payment at the Checkout are PayPal, credit cards and bank deposit.  Naturally I prefer to pay with PayPal as for starters it's much less complicated.  There have been times when I've been obliging to a seller specifying (to me) odd requests but I'm not so keen on this one.  I assume it is not enforceable.

What do other buyers think?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It's not enforceable zanadoo IMO, the seller has to give at least one safe payment method (Paypal or Merchant banking), presumably if they accept credit cards they have the merchant banking facility, but they'd be cutting their own throats if they tried to insist on you using that method for an Australian purchaser.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I'm just wondering whether he meant that International Bidders could ONLY use Paypal rather than any other method of payment.

Just a thought

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

pancake, you take the cake. Smiley Happy

I think you are right, Only PayPal for international bidders.

image host
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Just pay with paypal as the option is there. Seller does not want to pay PP fees, just chancing it
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply