Time limit for revising/removing a negative feedback

Is there a time limit for revising or removing negative feedback after leaving it?

After exhausting all avenues with no seller response (major quality issue with an item) I left a negative feedback. Almost immediately (go figure) I got a reply offering a replacement which was what I had requested in the first place. They say they've posted it but it's not arrived yet and I'm getting 2-3 messages a day asking to revise feedback before time runs out. Today I get a message asking if I would accept a full refund plus keep the additional item and the original item on the proviso that I retract the feedback as soon as they do that.

The idea that they are that desperate for + feedback seems odd but it doesn't seem right that they want to refund plus replace for this to happen. Bear in mind I've not asked for anything more than the item to be the appropriate quality hence asking for a replacement product in the first place. They requested the feedback revision.
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Time limit for revising/removing a negative feedback

You have 10 days after the seller sends a revision request to change your feedback.  After the 10 days there is no further opportunity to change the feedback.  Did you lodge an Iten not as described dispute?  If it is not too late, then you should consider this as the seller then has the opportunity of providing the refund which will avoid a defect (different to the negative feedback which is separate).  Have you allowed enough time for the replacement item to arrive? Negative feedback is a buyer's reflection of their experience with a seller so only you can decide if your experience warrants this response.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I waited for a couple of weeks after first bringing the problem to their attention and got no response. I followed up still no response. So I left feedback.

I don't feel it's fair to expect me to retract feedback if the fault has not been resolved. It's also not fair on the seller if time runs out and I can't revoke that feedback. Item is coming from overseas and the last one took 30 days to get here.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I've not lodged a dispute as yet and I'm still within the timeframe to do so
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

What a seller would normally do is to wait until you receive the replacement THEN send you a feedback revision request.

I don't know what the time limit is to send a request but it is quite a long time from memory, it is only once the request has been sent the deadline for the buyer to complete it is 10 days.

It could also be said if experienced sellers send the revision request well before the replacement item could have been received then they may not have sent one at all hoping buyer will just revise feedback.

image host
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

It turns out they had not sent a revision request. They've sent one now.

I don't understand why a seller with 4000+ positive feedback and only 19 negs would be so desperate to wipe away one negative that they would replace plus allow me to keep the original (which is fixable) plus refund which they have now done. Essentially spending $12 plus 2 items for +1 feedback. eBay just gets weirder.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

How many feedback revisions do they have?
Below the feedback (stars)
You will see
Revised Feedback:
If many... you will have your answer. Less negs you have the better the look.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply