Toilet Paper Profiteers

Shame on all the scum selling toilet paper on eBay. These scum are the ones stripping the supermarket shelfs bare depriving people of basic necessities and selling it on here for a profit.

If eBay actually gave a dame they should end all of these listings and that would fix the problem of shortage on supermarket shelfs as it would take away the main selling site for these scum.

Shame on eBay for allowing these listings.

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Toilet Paper Profiteers

Toilet Paper Profiteers

Shame on eBay for allowing such a drastic jump in font size between paragraphs.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 3 of 46
Latest reply

Toilet Paper Profiteers

Those are not the people stripping the shelves. Most of those overpriced toilet paper listings do not a get a bid, and some are just joke listings. Only the reasonably priced ones are selling. There are many reasons people buy 'normal' things off Ebay and you can't stop all listings because those people need to buy online.

Please stop being dramatic

Latest reply

Toilet Paper Profiteers

@maranock wrote:

Those are not the people stripping the shelves. Most of those overpriced toilet paper listings do not a get a bid, and some are just joke listings. Only the reasonably priced ones are selling. There are many reasons people buy 'normal' things off Ebay and you can't stop all listings because those people need to buy online

How did you miss the pack of 36 that sold for $29,000 ??

Message 5 of 46
Latest reply

Toilet Paper Profiteers

That's what I said, joke listing, lol. Won't get paid, seller will put in a no payment received, all will be forgotten. 🙂

Latest reply

Toilet Paper Profiteers

Stop SEARCHING for toilet paper listings and you WON'T SEE THEM!

Shock horror! You'd have only known about them if you searched for them. My searches for vibrators and sex toys did not show any listings for toilet paper, so clearly you have deliberately searched for them.

Message 7 of 46
Latest reply

Toilet Paper Profiteers

Self-appointed morals police are everywhere

Message 8 of 46
Latest reply

Toilet Paper Profiteers

Hi, I'm one of the people selling toilet paper. I tried for a week to find toilet paper at a few of my local shops. I showed up and waited with a crowd of people for the doors to open only to find empty shelves. When I finally found some I bought two 24 packs. Two was the limit at the time. I heard that people were selling it on ebay so of course I wanted to see if I could make a little bit of money by selling one of them. I started the auction at $14 which is what ebay recommended (and btw was only $2 more than I paid in woolies). By the end, the bidders had put the price up to $76. The winning bidder turned out to be a fake who never paid. That's not the point. The point is, it's the buyers who are choosing to bid ridiculous amounts for toilet paper. If they want to bid that much and actually pay for it, then that's their choice. They're not being swindled. It's actually the sellers who are being stuffed around by fake bidders. Maybe you should direct your anger at the media and poltiicians who are causing all this fear and panic buying. The reaction to this whole thing has been way over the top. Just saying..

@dr-dread wrote:

Shame on all the scum selling toilet paper on eBay. These scum are the ones stripping the supermarket shelfs bare depriving people of basic necessities and selling it on here for a profit.

If eBay actually gave a dame they should end all of these listings and that would fix the problem of shortage on supermarket shelfs as it would take away the main selling site for these scum.

Shame on eBay for allowing these listings.

Message 9 of 46
Latest reply

Toilet Paper Profiteers

@your_415675 wrote:

Hi, I'm one of the people selling toilet paper. I tried for a week to find toilet paper at a few of my local shops. I showed up and waited with a crowd of people for the doors to open only to find empty shelves. When I finally found some I bought two 24 packs. Two was the limit at the time. I heard that people were selling it on ebay so of course I wanted to see if I could make a little bit of money by selling one of them.

So you bought two packets and only needed one so the post fits your profile exactly and you stopped someone else from buying that packet.

I started the auction at $14 which is what ebay recommended (and btw was only $2 more than I paid in woolies). By the end, the bidders had put the price up to $76. The winning bidder turned out to be a fake who never paid. That's not the point. The point is, it's the buyers who are choosing to bid ridiculous amounts for toilet paper. If they want to bid that much and actually pay for it, then that's their choice. They're not being swindled. It's actually the sellers who are being stuffed around by fake bidders.

eBay will not stop auctions as it's the buyer that sets the price but with a lot of the auction the bidders are fakes

because they don't want these scam sellers selling their items at inflated prices to profiteer from this Pandemic.

Anyone that's genuine would sell it as a BIN at a reasonable price and not via an auction and hoping that

someone bids high.stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 10 of 46
Latest reply