Toilet Paper Profiteers

Shame on all the scum selling toilet paper on eBay. These scum are the ones stripping the supermarket shelfs bare depriving people of basic necessities and selling it on here for a profit.

If eBay actually gave a dame they should end all of these listings and that would fix the problem of shortage on supermarket shelfs as it would take away the main selling site for these scum.

Shame on eBay for allowing these listings.

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Toilet Paper Profiteers

I beg to differ....the report item function is quite good when used properly.

As regards reorting the toilet paper and sanitiser listings there is not a special report option available.

Message 41 of 46
Latest reply

@aamcm026 wrote:

Yes, there is a "report item"  link on every auction.  It is as good as useless when it even works.  It is very ebay like in that it won't allow a full and proper report.  Just part of ebay's habit of concealing fraud in pursuit of profit.

I've reported over 100 of these listings in the past week and each and everyone of them has been removed as

I put them into my watch list to check.

So the report links do work as intended and the reason they removed the brief description was because people

were misusing it and complaining about eBay themselves and not why they were reporting any particular item.

It was also causing a problem for staff checking the listings as it was taking longer than intended due to trying

to understand what was being put into the brief description box.

@lyndal1838 wrote:

As regards reorting the toilet paper and sanitiser listings there is not a special report option available.

That should be now I presume.good.gif

Message 42 of 46
Latest reply

Yes Tazz....it should have been "now"

The old fingers are a bit stiff today and typing leaves a lot to be desired.Smiley Sad

Message 43 of 46
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
If the people selling double the price weren't taking all the supermarket stocks you might have been able to get it at the supermarket and not have any of the stress. This is what annoys me about them - the fact that they're cleaning out the supermarkets so everyone is forced to buy from them.

I'm not talking about the ones who are selling for the price it's normally sold for, I'm talking about those who are taking advantage of others. It's illegal to manipulate the stockmarket but these people are doing pretty much the same thing - buy everything there is so there's none available and people are forced to pay inflated prices. How long before they start doing the same with food, and those who can't afford the inflated prices go without? For all I know they're already doing it.

90% of the stuff in stores in Australia are cheap because they exploit cheap labour and often don't pay the people producing the products enough to live off

Pretty certain the cheap tomato brans from Italy snapped up by everyone was made by exploiting slave labour

And the milk price drama from months back

Message 44 of 46
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

i use firefox browser and works fine..try this.

For those who don't know how to report, click the following on the listed item.

report item

price gouging

price gouging

hygiene items

submit report..

Message 45 of 46
Latest reply

I didn't know they had slaves in Italy.

Please enlighten us.

Message 46 of 46
Latest reply