Tracking number given does not exist

So many times I have checked an overdue item and the tracking number does not exist. It comes up "no result". Is this a typo by the seller? Why does it happen so often?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If the seller posts their item in an Aust Post red box - the tracking does not appear until the parcel has arrived at a sorting centre or the delivery centre.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

How do you mean overdue?  if you mean ebay's 'estimated delivery dates' they are fantasy date invented by ebay. Rarely do they mean anything. Have you asked the seller if they could double check the tracking number?

Otherwise, as has been said, if it went into a street mailbox, it won't show up in tracking until it has been scanned

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

You seem to buy a lot from Chinese sellers, they are reknowned for using false tracking numbers.

You could also try this tracking site which will often pick up tracking numbers that AP can't.

http://www.17track.net/en

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

If they are from Chinese sellers, often the tracking doesn't work until you've received it. You can go to the China Post website and check there. Often they never show on the AP site until the day after it has been scanned as delivered.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply