Trouble wwith Australian Customs.(seeds)

bonica
Community Member

I sometimes buy flower seeds from eBay sellers.A beautiful range is available.

But recently i ordered 3 packets of Impatiens from 3 different sellers ( to get the colours i wanted ), as well as some other seeds.

Customs has confiscated them all, giving a different reason in every case.

Other packets of seed came through.

The Customs website ( AQIS) used to be so easy to navigate - you just visited the website , and could easily look up all prohibited seed.Now one can't find the list at all !

Is this so Customs can say what they feel .like saying ?

Message 1 of 61
Latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Re: Trouble wwith Australian Customs.(seeds)

Bonica started this thread in 2012 and has neer posted on the boards again.  It is very unlikely that she will ever see your request for contact.

If you need advice on importing seeds you should start a new thread.....there are plenty of other posters who can offer advice on importing seeds.

Message 41 of 61
Latest reply

Posting any sort of contact details on the boards is a very slappable offence. Even if the person you are addressing is likely to see your request. Which isn't the case here.

You don't really need to talk to a board member. All you have to do is check the provided links to see what the ACTUAL regulations are. The ones that Customs use when determining how much to fine you.

Message 42 of 61
Latest reply

@nusikr wrote:

Hi Bonica,

I am looking to import seeds and would love to chat with you! Is it possible to connect over the phone?

@donkeynomad wrote:

I do a lot of importing of seeds. To find out if you can import the seeds you want go to: http://www.aqis.gov.au/icon32/asp/ex_querycontent.asp

If the permitted species page says 'condition C7100' then you can import it as long as the seed is clean and labled correctly with the common and botanical names

Seriously, if you want to start a business of any kind where you need to import items, or even if you are just looking to bring in seeds for yourself, for gardening, the place to begin your investigation isn't on a messageboard.  You don't know the people or how reliable or up to date their information would be, even if they have the best will in the world and are trying to help.

Get it from the horse's mouth, as dave suggested.

Message 43 of 61
Latest reply

Yup, typical government tu*ds. Clueless with their websites and VERY confusing despite they expect the sheeple to tow the line.........
Message 44 of 61
Latest reply

If you continue to post abuse on the boards it is unlikely that your career will be very long lived.

Message 45 of 61
Latest reply

How lovely to see you back again, albeit under a new ID. I hope you have a tremendous new year.

Message 46 of 61
Latest reply

@b4l_31 wrote:
DOOGOODER ALERT - ANOTHER PERSON HARDWIRED TO NANNY

What sort of idiotic reply is that?

Do you have a "few" screws loose to make those sort of inane comments?

A true numpty that doesn't have a clue.stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 47 of 61
Latest reply

You have missed all the fun tazz....all the evidence has gone now.

Message 48 of 61
Latest reply

I doubt you'll get a reply Taz, I suspect their fingers may well be too sore to type for a while..................smiley-slapping.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 49 of 61
Latest reply

yep, 35 posts in 40 odd minutes . . . but now only 8 are left.

Spoiler
Yes, they were ODD minutes!
Message 50 of 61
Latest reply