Trying To Get A Refund

Purchased this item over a month ago for my grandson as he is a trainee butcher and thwe idea of this glove is to prevent himself from cutting  his hand. The seller has almost 1/2 million beefback and is based is Sydney. The Glove is falling apart and he actually did cut himself while wearing it. I have since found out that this glove is for a house hold kitchen not a Butchers Shop. I complained to the seller took pictures and sent them to them. I paid for this through my Bank account sent the details to them and the say the funds are bounced back to them I have checked the details I sent and all is correct. I believe they dont give a rats ass. Where should I go from here? Sellers like this are giving decent sellers a bad name.

Paddy

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Trying To Get A Refund

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You have very little chance of getting a refund if you paid with bank deposit. 

I am surprised that with your experience on ebay you did not think of that before paying.

There is nothing in the listing to indicate that it is a commercial quality item......I would have expected it to be a lot more expensive if it was.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Trying To Get A Refund

@lyndal1838 wrote:

There is nothing in the listing to indicate that it is a commercial quality item......I would have expected it to be a lot more expensive if it was.

New Cut Resistant Proof Stainless Steel Metal Mesh Butcher Safety Glove

Cut Resistant and Butcher Safety Glove. Load of Rubbish my Grandson got cut while using it and is listed as Butcher Safety Glove.

After 2 weeks of use it falls apart. I advise buyers to beware. Very false Discription

Paddy

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Trying To Get A Refund

If your bank couldn't help you there's nowhere to go. I assume you tried a charge back?

If you had used PayPal you could have lodged an INAD case and stood a good chance of getting a refund.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Trying To Get A Refund

@digupatin wrote:

If your bank couldn't help you there's nowhere to go. I assume you tried a charge back?

If you had used PayPal you could have lodged an INAD case and stood a good chance of getting a refund.

A chargeback is only possible if the item was paid for by credit or Visa debit card.

The OP paid by bank deposit.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Trying To Get A Refund

go to consumer affairs and fair trading. An item is suppose to do what it claims to do, and by the sounds of it this isn't.

If he is a trainee butcher wouldn't they have access to buy all that gear like knives, aprons etc etc. from suppliers in the actual industry.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Trying To Get A Refund

you don't say whether this you bought this off a registered business or a private seller but if you bought it off a business then lodge a complaint with consumer affairs.

http://www.consumeraffairs.nt.gov.au/ForConsumers/ConsumerRights/Pages/default.aspx

http://www.consumeraffairs.nt.gov.au/ForConsumers/ConsumerRights/Documents/your_shopping_rights.pdf

Edited: You are in luck. They are a registered business. Google the name and find there ABN. They have quite a few registered names under the one ABN.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Trying To Get A Refund

Butcher's gloves are very heavy metal links

That thing looks more like a knitted pot scrubber

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Trying To Get A Refund

That was my first thought as well. Hardly the quality I would trust my hands too.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Trying To Get A Refund

Ummmm I see the mods have edited this Post.... So lets start from the top with no Names or ID mentioned,

lyndal1838 wrote:

Lyndal your post was answered above.

Digupatin Wrote:

I didn't use Paypal because there was not enought funds in Paypal to cover the cost. so  looking at the feedback of the seller I thought they would be reliable. How Wrong..

lyndal1838 wrote:

A chargeback is only possible if the item was paid for by credit or Visa debit card.

The OP paid by bank deposit.

Thank you Lyndal you are 100% correct

harley_babes_hoard wrote:

you don't say whether this you bought this off a registered business or a private seller but if you bought it off a business then lodge a complaint with consumer affairs.

http://www.consumeraffairs.nt.gov.au/ForConsumers/ConsumerRights/Pages/default.aspx

http://www.consumeraffairs.nt.gov.au/ForConsumers/ConsumerRights/Documents/your_shopping_rights.pdf

Edited: You are in luck. They are a registered business. Google the name and find there ABN. They have quite a few registered names under the one ABN.

Thank you for the links I have already contacted Consumer Affairs So I am waiting to hear back from them as to how I procede

Imastawka wrote:

Butcher's gloves are very heavy metal links

That thing looks more like a knitted pot scrubber

You are correct They are known as Stainless Steel Link Gloves. I never knew this at the time of purchase and Nothing in the discription stated that these were not suitable for a butcher or industrial use. I will wait for a reply from CBS (Consumer And Business Services (Consumer Affairs))

Thank You All

Paddy

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply