Trying to second guess postal deliveries

On the minus side I've got a parcel still yet to arrive that was bought and posted (from the UK) in mid-May....but it turns out it was sent via Economy Post.  Sigh.  I'd better give it another month or more.

Two days after that another purchase was sent from the UK by Standard Post....and it still hasn't turned up.  This one is not an eBay purchase but if it doesn't arrive in the next week or so, I can fill out a form for a refund.  Of course I'd rather have the items.

On the plus side a parcel set by USPS arrived this week - it took only 5 DAYS to get here which must be a record.

Then today (yes Sunday) Aust Post delivered a purchase I'd ordered (from an interstate Oz seller) a week ago.

Of course there's also items I'm still waiting on (mostly from the UK) in between these dates so who knows about them as well.

I wouldn't want to place any bets on expected parcel deliveries right now. Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I've not ordered anything from overseas this year to be able to compare experiences, but in the past fortnight most of my domestic shipments (both sending and receiving) have been delivered in more or less normal time.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Some items are taking ages and some are quicker thann others. With some items purchased in May, they didn't move quickly but some purchased in April arrived quicker. All from the USA.

One item from the UK took nearly 2 months. I think about 7 weeks. Other item took 6 weeks from the UK.

Anyway, I was more pleased about the US one so I could reward the seller with feedback.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply