UK to AU via Royal Mail International Standard (Small Packets)

first time i bought from UK ..item cost AU$22..ebay estimate states should be here 28feb to 3rd march.

thought this is very quick from UK to AU..is this a correct estimate? thanks.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I mailed an item from Australia to the UK last Monday (13/2) using standard international and it arrived there yesterday - so it could be possible.  In saying that - I have also experienced much slower deliveries. 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

That is quite possible....I regularly get items fom the UK in 10 days when they are sent by Royal Mail International Small Packets.

Having said that, they can also take longer than the ebay "estimated" delivery dates.   Please don't jump on the seller if your item does not arrive by the 3rd March...it is not his fault if ebay gives unrealistic delivery dates.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

*Possible* yes. Likely ? maybe not

Ebay 'estimates' seem to be the very,very best possible scenario (and things like public holidays etc never factor into their fantasy world)

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

ah ok. so it is possible. nah i wont jump on the seller if it ain't here by 3rd march lol...im a realistic person .. i know ebay post estimates can be way out..Man Wink

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

It wasn't so long ago that parcels used to get to me from the UK in four days, and that's to rural Victoria. I've had them go the other way in the same time. They didn't all get here that fast but I had plenty that did, and the four days were from Thurs to Mon, or Fri to Tues. Planes fly all weekend though.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I've had items arrive in 4 days, others took 4 weeks. Average is 10-14 days (for me).

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
It wasn't so long ago that parcels used to get to me from the UK in four days, and that's to rural Victoria. I've had them go the other way in the same time. They didn't all get here that fast but I had plenty that did, and the four days were from Thurs to Mon, or Fri to Tues. Planes fly all weekend though.

4 days? wow. that's faster than what my domestic mail takes ...

like i said in my first post, i never bought from the UK before and find it very impressive ( speed delivery UK to AU)..

bought from china once and it took about 4 weeks for delivery.Man Wink

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply