UNAUTHORISED PAYMENT!

Ebay has withdrawn Money from my PayPal Account without My Authority.

I recently Attempted to Purchase an Item on Ebay, Due to some sort of Hiccup the Sale dropped out halfway through the Transaction. So I then went in again and managed to Complete and Pay for the Purchase.

However Shortly Afterwards I Received a Reminder from Ebay to Pay for the Item.

When I Checked, the First Attempt, although Incomplete, had gone Through.

I Emailed the Seller Explaining that I had Paid for the Item under a Different Number.

No Reply!

Another Reminder from Ebay  and so I again sent a Message to the Seller to which I received a No Reply Another Reminder from Ebay

So I again sent a Message to the Seller.

I then Received a Reply telling me the Delivery may take a Little Longer due to present Circumstances!

(Do People Actually Read Your Messages????)

I Purchased another Item on Ebay last Night for $9.00 & when Checking found that Ebay had withdrawn Extra Money from My PayPal Account & Paid for the "Ourstanding" Item, Totally without My Authority.

Now I am going to have to go through all the Hassle of clearing this Matter up.

I have Purchased over 1400 Items on Ebay with a 100% Rating & Don't Expect to be Treated in this Matter.

I Don't want TWO of the Item!

So What is the Simplest Method of Correcting this Imposition by Ebay.

Any Help Would be Appreciated.

Regards Tony.M

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

UNAUTHORISED PAYMENT!

@69plodge wrote:

Ebay has withdrawn Money from my PayPal Account without My Authority.

I recently Attempted to Purchase an Item on Ebay, Due to some sort of Hiccup the Sale dropped out halfway through the Transaction. So I then went in again and managed to Complete and Pay for the Purchase.

However Shortly Afterwards I Received a Reminder from Ebay to Pay for the Item.

When I Checked, the First Attempt, although Incomplete, had gone Through.

I Emailed the Seller Explaining that I had Paid for the Item under a Different Number.

No Reply!

Another Reminder from Ebay  and so I again sent a Message to the Seller to which I received a No Reply Another Reminder from Ebay

So I again sent a Message to the Seller.

I then Received a Reply telling me the Delivery may take a Little Longer due to present Circumstances!

(Do People Actually Read Your Messages????)

I Purchased another Item on Ebay last Night for $9.00 & when Checking found that Ebay had withdrawn Extra Money from My PayPal Account & Paid for the "Ourstanding" Item, Totally without My Authority.

Now I am going to have to go through all the Hassle of clearing this Matter up.

I have Purchased over 1400 Items on Ebay with a 100% Rating & Don't Expect to be Treated in this Matter.

I Don't want TWO of the Item!

Any Help Would be Appreciated.

Regards Tony.M

As a buyer, you can only have a 100% rating. You could be the absolute worst buyer in the world, and still have a 100% rating, so pointless mentioning that. You need to contact ebay and ask them if they can see what has happened and hopefully fix it. You won't get a reply from ebay here as this is a member forum, not an ebay forum. Go to the help page, scroll down, and initiate a live chat with an ebay rep.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

UNAUTHORISED PAYMENT!

You contact eBay via live chat. Make sure you do something before the seller sends the second item. Maybe you should talk to the seller too, but from what you said he/she does not read messages attentively?

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

UNAUTHORISED PAYMENT!

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Your first item most likely had 'payment pending' with an hourglass.

You have purchased from someone else without seeing that the first payment went through.

Ebay does not 'take money without your approval' ever.

No 'imposition by ebay' at all.

You now have two of them and there's no solution other than you sell one or give one away.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

UNAUTHORISED PAYMENT!

Plorabund that I am, I tremble lest I come home by Collachrymate Rood.

@69plodge, based on the replies from the seller which you've posted, I suspect that your purchase was from a seller registered in China โ€“ is that correct? (If you click onto the seller's feedback percentage, it will take you to their feedback profile page where date and country of registration is shown.)

It may be possible for you to send a request to the seler, asking that the transaction be cancelled. Don't give some sort of long and rambling story about it; just ask that the item number #xxxxx under transaction #nnnnnn (whatever it may be) be cancelled.

It is quite possible that the seller does not speak English, and is running messages through a translation app/browser.

If the seller doesn't cancel it, then as has been suggested, you can list the second one for sale once it arrives, or perhaps give it to a friend or family member. Alternatively, once it arrives, request a change of mind return โ€“ but of course you would be responsible for return postage in that case, if the seller accept the COM return request.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

UNAUTHORISED PAYMENT!

Simples - don't buy two. (And assume the first transaction dropped off)

So I guess you could become the imposition by contacting eBay due to your own error.

Don't mean to be harsh but that is the reality.

image host
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

UNAUTHORISED PAYMENT!

kopenhagen, you make a strong point. It's one of the disamenities of buying online. Some pages will have specific warnings about exactly this issue... that the request/command has already been sent, and although one's browser page may not show the confirmation page, that doesn't mean that the transaction has not been completed. It just means that the page hasn't loaded.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

UNAUTHORISED PAYMENT!

Hi all

The question has been asked and answered.

Subsequent interpersonal posts and sniping in general have been removed.

The thread will be left open for now in the event that the OP has any follow up questions.

Please remember the Community Guidelines

eBay Moderation Team

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

UNAUTHORISED PAYMENT!

G'Day,

I am somewhat Bemused by your Naivety, as this is Not the First Time I have Experienced this Type of Problem.

Please Allow Me to Politely Correct You by Explaining that While an Unauthorised Payment was Not Admitted,  the "Tooth Fairy" has Kindly Deposited the Payment amount back to my PayPal Account.

(I Can Only Assume it Must have been the "Tooth Fairy" as:

"Ebay does not 'take money without your approval' ever.")

Also the Second Item was Purchased from the Same Seller as I Genuinely thought the Sale had Failed.

Not so Hard to Understand?

Obviously the Tooth Fairy Felt there had Been an Imposition Somewhere!

Kind Regards,

Tony.M

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

UNAUTHORISED PAYMENT!

Sadly Tony some here just like to be nasty. I came back here after several years and see the same old nasty people with the same old nasty replies. The keyboard is a wonderful item to hide behind. Wonder if they talk the same to strangers face to face. I am thinking they would come a right old cropper.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply