UPI opened when I have already paid for and received the item

Hi, yesterday I received notification from ebay that a UPI has been opened against me for an item I bought and paid for a month ago, and which I have received. The seller is in the US and has not responded to the email I sent her querying the UPI. Ebay customer support has not helped, they just sent a generic response about contacting the seller to resolve it and leaving feedback for them (which I had already done - positive feedback when I received the item). I provided details of my paypal payment to ebay together with copies of emails from paypal and from the seller when she advised the item had been posted, and asked them to close the UPI, but they have apparently ignored this evidence and really done nothing to help. Can anybody out there offer any advice? I don't want a strike against me when I have paid.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: UPI opened when I have already paid for and received the item

shahmink
Community Member

Have you tried Live Chat customer support?? That way there's no computer generated response. They may be able to give a little more guidance. I do know there's boundaries due to the fact the seller is in the US. Good luck.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

In the UPI, you will need to respond.

In the response, state clearly that this item has been paid for and posted and received and the transaction was finalised on (insert date).

Also, it could be just an US site glitch.

Either way, you wont end up with a permanent strike, as it can be removed, so don't fret.

๐Ÿ™‚

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

As you paid via Paypal it makes no sense that a dispute could be opened against you unless you made the payment DIRECT to the seller & not via ebay ?

You need to phone ebay-they are open NOW until 5pm.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Respond to the unpaid case with the payment number in PP (go to your PP account, click on the "details" of the item and there is the payment number, up on the right - I think)  Then call eBay as Foxy said.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

bitofthis2012
Community Member

Did you accidentally buy the item twice and only pay for it once? That seems to happen a lot these days. Check your bought items in your My Ebay to make sure it isn't in there twice.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks everyone for your advice, I'm pursuing it further through ebay as suggested. I only bought one item, once, and yes I did pay directly through paypal - I couldn't go through checkout as normal because the international postage wasn't there and the seller said she was having problems sending an invoice. Possibly she didn't mark the item as paid at her end and the UPI happened automatically - (?). Can't think of any reason she'd do it otherwise - the transaction was completed, I received the item, left pos feedback....and it's not like I'm now going to pay her again!

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I've heard of that happening before. Sounds to me like the seller wants to get their fees back from the auction. A sneaky, dishonest way of doing it. They know full well you've paid and received it and all that. Auto-UPI...a convenient excuse, perhaps, but don't they normally kick in after only 4, 5 or 8 days? I didn't think they could be set much higher. Plus if paid by Paypal the seller doesn't need to mark anything paid, I thought. *shrug*

I'd just do as post #2 suggested ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply