Unable to report a seller violating ebay policies

A seller claiming to be based in my country admitted to sending the incorrect item due to unclear sizing information on their offering and offered a refund on return. 

After sending numerous false addresses, they admitted that they did not have an address in my country. 

As it was a winter bought as a gift, the issue was not discovered until after the reporting period had passed

They continue to claim to be based here.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

What is your question?

If you have left it too long to report, I am not sure what you are asking of other members

Was this the same the same seller, or did you have the same issue again as last time with a different seller?

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Resolution-centre-does-not-allow-me-to-report-seller-amp-oth...

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Unfortunately, the responsibility lies on you, as the buyer, to follow Ebay's guidelines, which are to open a proper dispute within the given timeframe. You have 30 days after receipt to do so, so why didn't you? 

Sounds like the seller was drop shipping, but nonetheless, the onus is on you.

Many sellers use delaying tactics so that the buyer passes the 30 day threshold.

For future reference, do not communicate with a seller who is trying to delay you. Open a dispute as soon as there is an issue. This puts the onus on the seller to send you a shipping label at THEIR cost if they want it back, or refund you. Items should never be returned at your expense unless you have changed your mind, so anything, broken or defective is the sellers responsibility.

Assuming you paid via Paypal, you have 180 days to open a case there. Please do so right now and do not let the seller try and stop you. Open an Item Not Described case, but first register for their "free returns" programme (just in case).

I really do hope that you did not post the item at your cost. How did you know the addresses were false?

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Hi Sandy,   The problem seems the same, so can only assume the OP has either forgotten the original post, or thinks ebays policies might have changed in the last 3 weeks.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I looked at some random items of that seller... Some items seem to be located in Australia, with a clear location and a normal delivery time frame. Others... indicate that the items are located in AU, Australia, and that the seller usually ships within 15 business days as opposed to 3 business days for the items with a clear location (obviously because they first have to get the items from overseas). The OP had probably bought one of these items? Honestly, AU as location is always a red flag to me...

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

A seller claiming to be based in my country admitted to sending the incorrect item due to unclear sizing information on their offering and offered a refund on return. 

After sending numerous false addresses, they admitted that they did not have an address in my country. 

As it was a winter bought as a gift, the issue was not discovered until after the reporting period had passed

They continue to claim to be based here.

It seems that ebay are not serious about ensuring sellers are honest.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

How many times do you intend to post about this? This is number 3! 😒

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

You were out of time, your fault, not the sellers,  you have no recourse for your own lack of knowledge and ability to follow what are really simple policies.

No amount of  posts here is going to make one bit of difference, and is only going to prove that,  Some mothers really do have em.

Gee its hard to be polite sometimes

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

As I mentioned, the item was purchased as a winter gift bought in summer so I did not discover it was the wrong size.

I have acknowledgement of this from the seller & an agreement for refund on return.

The first return address was confusing (2 road names). I queried this and they sent a second. I checked the address and it did not exist.

The seller then acknowledged that they don't have an address but claimed they would send one soon (which they didnt).

I would have thought that ebay would want to know about this if they were genuinely serious about preventing false listings.

Especially as the seller continues to lie.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Go to the link below and scroll down to "report a seller".

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/reporting-item-issue-seller?id=4022

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply