Resolution centre does not allow me to report seller & other issues

Seller admitted that they sent the wrong item & agreed to a refund once I returned the item. This happened after the standard return period as I had not opened or used the item.  Then they kept ending fake addresses. Eventually, they admitted to this and told me they would send me a real one. I requested a refund without return unless they could give me an address. 

This will be because that arent actually located in my country as claimed. 

How do I report them for providing fake info and get the promised refund?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Did you open a case with eBay's MBG (money back guarantee) ?  The "Resolution Centre" is Paypal's dispute process.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

PS  The resolution centre won't let me do this because ' My purchases' does not provide an option for me to ask for help or report the seller.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

If I get this right, you did not check the item when it arrived, and when you did check the item the ebay 30 day return process had expired.  If I understand that correctly, you have no means of recourse under ebay.

You may still have time for recourse under paypal, if that is how you paid.

Just to add it is quite legitimate for items sold in australia via third party fullfillment centres etc, to have  a valid return address as international, as the australian rep is not authorised to accept returns.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Did you actually open a dispute, or just communicated with them?

Whatever happens, please be aware that as the buyer, you must never be out of pocket for return postage if the item is wrong, defective or broken.

It is always worthwhile to know where the seller is REGISTERED (look on their feedback/profile page) as this will give you an indication of how things might go in the event of a dispute. Australian registered sellers can send a return shipping label at their cost. Overseas sellers cannot do so for obvious reasons and must therefore send you the postage funds upfront if they want the item back.

Please acquaint yourself with procedures as a buyer so you are not caught out in future!

Overseas sellers can have products located within Australia, that is not illegal. There are also many overseas sellers who put the item location as Australia but are actually sending from China. This is where due diligence on your part comes into play. You need to look at where they are registered as well as feedback received to see what red flags there might be.

You have 30 days from receipt to check an item and open a dispute.  If you did not do so within that window, you really do narrow down your opportunities for dispute resolution.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

You have 30 days from receipt to check an item and open a dispute.  If you did not do so within that window, you really do narrow down your opportunities for dispute resolution.

No, you have 30 days from the last estimated delivery date, not from when you receive it.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

You're both right, of course...

Estimated and actual delivery dates

Under eBay Money Back Guarantee, time frames to report an issue or request a return may be based on:

• The estimated delivery date (the latest date in the estimated delivery range that was provided to the buyer at checkout), or
  • The actual delivery date (the date that tracking confirms the item was delivered, or the date that an item was collected).

The table below sets out which of these applies when determining the latest date to report an issue or request a return.

When tracking shows the item was delivered/collected before the estimated delivery date

Actual delivery/collection date

When tracking shows the item was delivered/collected after the estimated delivery date

Estimated delivery date

When no tracking information is available

Estimated delivery date

So... if an item arrives later than the EDD, the buyer has less time to act than they might think. The clock in that case will start ticking from the EDD.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

That is also not possible in this case.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

As I said, the seller agreed to a refund on return  but kept giving fake return addresses until they admitted that the return address was fake.

The issue is the fact that they have breached the ebay regulations on 2 counts but I cannot find any way to report them.

1. Provided fake contact information.

2. Pretending to be an Australian seller when they are located off -shore.

If I could report them then i might have recourse.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

No. They lied. They stated that the item was located in Australia.

They have also given false and misleading contact information.

I believe that both of these count for a breach of the regulations. 

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply