Unexpected search result

Miss14 was looking for a Marvel action figure from the Loki series.

Putting the characters name in the search for anything - wow, brought up some unexpected results and awkward questions.

Enquiring of eBay - the pictures are perfectly acceptable on eBay France. 

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Unexpected search result

Say what?

Message 2 of 32
Latest reply

Unexpected search result

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I put  Marvel action figure from the Loki series in the search bar for anything and that's exactly I got.

WTH did you get?

Message 3 of 32
Latest reply

Unexpected search result

@imastawka wrote:

I put  Marvel action figure from the Loki series in the search bar for anything and that's exactly I got.

WTH did you get?

Same here stawks.

People should state what their issue is & not speak in riddles.

Message 4 of 32
Latest reply

Unexpected search result

If it was a particular character, then they should say.

Message 5 of 32
Latest reply

Unexpected search result

What would I know about these characters?

My granddaughter's Husky is called Loki FGS

Message 6 of 32
Latest reply

Unexpected search result

Maybe refer to the fact that eBay is specifically for legal adults. Not 14yo. Or anybody under 18.

Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

Unexpected search result

I would say that Miss 14 encountered some items of an adult nature. Probably good reason why you have to be 18 to use ebay. Blame the parents, not the search results. 

That said, most 14yos these days have phones and internet, so would pretty much know everything about things of an adult nature. 

OP, if you don't want to your child seeing adult themed items, then stop breaking ebay rules and letting her use the site. By admitting it here, ebay could quite easily boot you off the site for breach of policy. While ebay don't visit the forums, there are plenty of people in the background who are more than happy to report breaches. Often with desired results.

Message 8 of 32
Latest reply

Unexpected search result

Please do ask eBay, let them know exactly what you asked other members here

Or better yet, don't allow a child to play on eBay

Spoiler
Clearly not a real concern. you know eBay is for adults so if you let your child play on  it ,it is on you and you alone
Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

Unexpected search result

imastawka
Honored Contributor

@whoisbiggles wrote:

Miss14 was looking for a Marvel action figure from the Loki series.

Putting the characters name in the search for anything - wow, brought up some unexpected results and awkward questions.

Enquiring of eBay - the pictures are perfectly acceptable on eBay France. 

I read this as daughter looking over their shoulder type of thing, not daughter doing her own search  -  meaning a parental problem and not an ebay policy breach.

Message 10 of 32
Latest reply