Unsatisfied

Hi all, I'm feeling very unsatisfied tonight with stuff I've bought on eBay over the past few months. I'm not a huge buyer (not a huge seller either), but I do buy things occasionally. Out of the last 20 or so items I've bought, I only really love two of them - a purse I got for $5, and trimming scissors for my dogs. Everything else, even though it's perfectly ok, is not as great as I wanted it to be. I'd love to start buying more, I guess I'm just afraid I might buy something expensive and then it won't fit or something, then I'll be stuck. Anyone else feeling the same way? 

Feels a lot better now I've got that out of my system Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Unsatisfied

Not to mention the neutral because she was sent 40 instead of 20. Most people would be grateful for that, not trash someone's feedback because of it.

As for the (green dot) comment saying the item arrived 5 days before the earliest estimate, you do know the seller has no control over that estimate don't you Jessica? I'd hate to think what that seller would have got if it arrived outside eBay's ridiculous estimates.

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

I find it hard to believe that a seller on ebay does not understand how feedback can affect a seller's ability to sell.

It seems the younger generation just does not care.

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

A lot of clothing sellers visit these boards.

I wonder how many have put Jess on their speshul list?

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

Well this buyer is avoiding her like the plague.

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

Do you actually read the feedback comments when choosing a seller to purchase from? My feedback has a lot of comments that items are better than expected as I don't attempt to guild the lily in the hope that my buyers will be more than happy with their item. I also give clear measurements and describe colours where possible to allow for the difference in monitors.

I also offer an item price only refund for change of mind or doesn't fit (as long as the measurements are accurate) so if you look for sellers like myself (not advertising, store is closed at the moment and on another id anyway) you can be pretty sure you will not be miffed with what you buy,

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

Oh stawka, you're special too 😛
Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

That's fine, I'm not asking for your business.
Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

@jessicadazzler wrote:
 I guess I didn't mean unsatisfied as in it's not the item that I really want, I guess I meant as in the stuff I buy generally isn't as good quality as its made out to be.

Sounds like what would really be ideal when shopping online is to find sellers who focus on some of the details you feel are lacking from the listing descriptions when you buy, or at least a little attention on some of the 'cons', as it were.

I do that myself, when I'm aware of them -mention the drawbacks that is, any known quality issues, test certain products for a good length of time and provide my own opinion about it (good & bad). (Not trying to spruik myself here, either, since this isn't my selling ID, and I don't sell clothing any more, nor do I have much that's of genuinely practical use, anyway... Smiley Very Happy ). But I know I'm not the only one who provides that kind of info. 

You can also learn to read between the lines a little. When buying clothing, for example, you can gauge some things by item specifics or other details, if available (eg an obvious example would be a heavy looking winter coat being sent in a 500g satchel - could mean the seller doesn't realise it would cost more than that, or it could mean the fabric is very light weight and your expectations re: quality or use might not be met - not suggesting to assume the worst, just to look out for things like that and ask questions where needed). 

Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

Out of all your purchases you have left nearly half neutrals causing defects for those sellers ...........not good at all.
Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@jessicadazzler wrote:
 I guess I didn't mean unsatisfied as in it's not the item that I really want, I guess I meant as in the stuff I buy generally isn't as good quality as its made out to be.

Sounds like what would really be ideal when shopping online is to find sellers who focus on some of the details you feel are lacking from the listing descriptions when you buy, or at least a little attention on some of the 'cons', as it were.

I do that myself, when I'm aware of them -mention the drawbacks that is, any known quality issues, test certain products for a good length of time and provide my own opinion about it (good & bad). (Not trying to spruik myself here, either, since this isn't my selling ID, and I don't sell clothing any more, nor do I have much that's of genuinely practical use, anyway... Smiley Very Happy ). But I know I'm not the only one who provides that kind of info. 

You can also learn to read between the lines a little. When buying clothing, for example, you can gauge some things by item specifics or other details, if available (eg an obvious example would be a heavy looking winter coat being sent in a 500g satchel - could mean the seller doesn't realise it would cost more than that, or it could mean the fabric is very light weight and your expectations re: quality or use might not be met - not suggesting to assume the worst, just to look out for things like that and ask questions where needed). 

Yeah I do that too, especially if an evening dress is missing a couple of small beads, or is better suited to someone on the shorter side. It just annoys me that I get an item I've bought and go "really? it looked and sounded much better quality," even though I always try to buy from sellers with at least 99% feedback. I prefer private sellers to stores and big companies, partly because they tend to tell you about any faults more so than anyone else.

On some things, I don't mind - like I bought a purse which I could clearly see in the photos had two very small marks on the front. That doesn't bother me at all, because the purse had been lightly used before I bought it, and the marks are so small you hardly notice them. But as another example, I recently got a dog bowl stand for my Spaniels (to try to stop their ears getting so wet - you know what Spaniels are like) and I was just really disappointed in the quality, even though I am using it because I don't have much choice.

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply