Unscrupulous sellers

styant66
Community Member

What is ebay doing about the unscrupulous people that have stripped the supermarket shelves bare and then selling it at 6 times the price.  This isn't panic buying it is holding people to ransom.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Unscrupulous sellers

Those people are not selling TP on Ebay. The only listings for toilet paper that are selling on Ebay are reasonably priced. There are a heap of joke and spammy listings but they are not selling.

Don't worry about it, the people emptying the supermarket shelves are either hoarding or posting to China, not selling here. It should settle down soon.
Latest reply

Unscrupulous sellers

@maranock wrote:
Those people are not selling TP on Ebay. The only listings for toilet paper that are selling on Ebay are reasonably priced. There are a heap of joke and spammy listings but they are not selling.

Don't worry about it, the people emptying the supermarket shelves are either hoarding or posting to China, not selling here. It should settle down soon.

How can they be joke listings when heaps of them have sold $1000 to $29,000 for 36 rolls. They are all under "SOLD" items, and eBay must be making a killing on the fees which will be charged the minute they sell.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Unscrupulous sellers

@shoppingbag* wrote:

@maranock wrote:

How can they be joke listings when heaps of them have sold $1000 to $29,000 for 36 rolls. They are all under "SOLD" items, and eBay must be making a killing on the fees which will be charged the minute they sell.

And refunded as soon as NPBs are closed.

OP - there are already several threads about this. In both the buying and selling boards. One of which this will end up in. The mods have moved the others from here, so yours will likely follow suit. Clogging up the boards even more.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Unscrupulous sellers

Best contact eBay and question them, rather than spamming the forum on something already been done to death 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Unscrupulous sellers

@davewil1964 wrote:

@shoppingbag* wrote:

@maranock wrote:

And refunded as soon as NPBs are closed.

OP - there are already several threads about this. In both the buying and selling boards. One of which this will end up in. The mods have moved the others from here, so yours will likely follow suit. Clogging up the boards even more.

How do you then explain that buyers are leaving feedback for the Sellers?? On one that sold for $35,000 too. Didn't pay?? Didn't get?? I don't thing so! More like posters on this forum are in denial that any of these sales are real, or maybe sorry they missed out on an opportunity to do the same.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Unscrupulous sellers

How do you then explain that buyers are leaving feedback for the Sellers?? On one that sold for $35,000 too. Didn't pay?? Didn't get?? I don't thing so! More like posters on this forum are in denial that any of these sales are real, or maybe sorry they missed out on an opportunity to do the same.

Got an item number?

Don't believe it otherwise.

Image result for i call shenanigans

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Unscrupulous sellers

Yeah, a bit hard to believe they are real when I go into a supermarket in a large city near me and there are still lots of rolls on the shelves because people can only buy one packet at a time, and a few days ago I went into an information centre and there were small piles of rolls in every stall because of a local event, and they were still there in the afternoon without being stolen.

Yes, sometimes the shelves are bare for a while but then they are filled - we don't have a lack of TP in Australia, just lots of TV scare tactics. Hey, supermarkets are still delivering TP to people who order online. 

I looked at the listings here and see that just all about all the sales are of reasonably priced TP so why would anyone deliberately buy the overpriced ones. Keep in mind that a few listings may seem overpriced because of the large postage fee.

Latest reply