Used items WARNING

Warning - eBay Money Back Guarantee policy - does not apply to "Used" items.

(despite eBay's false item description statement that it does!)

My recent attempt to return clearly broken item was rejected by eBay for return.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Used items WARNING

I bought a fishing reel listed under "Used" with description implying all worked fine. This item arrived well packed but clearly faulty with clunking sound and would not wind on line when turning the winder.

I explained this to the seller and asked for a refund but he refused.

I applied for a refund to eBay explaining all this and offered to provide a video demonstrating the fault.

eBay refused. What else can I do? I checked that "Used" according to eBay meant it should be fully function.

Therefore must assume "Used" does not mean this and is false advertising.

Anymore questions (some comments are only a reflection on their author).

Gerry.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

I have never used the return for full refund alleged option in many years of using eBay.

Obviously can not buy and rely on this false "guarantee".

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Did you open a dispute with eBay's MBG within the allowable time-frames ?

https://pages.ebay.com.au/ebay-money-back-guarantee/index.html

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Why did eBay refuse a refund? Did they offer any explanation?

Can you share the item number?

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

@gerry2rs wrote:

I bought a fishing reel listed under "Used" with description implying all worked fine. This item arrived well packed but clearly faulty with clunking sound and would not wind on line when turning the winder.

I explained this to the seller and asked for a refund but he refused.

I applied for a refund to eBay explaining all this and offered to provide a video demonstrating the fault.

eBay refused. What else can I do? I checked that "Used" according to eBay meant it should be fully function.

Sounds like you've gone about this in the wrong way. You do not need to communicate with the seller. You only need to open a case for "Item not As Described" and you need to do it within 30 days of receipt of the item. The seller can refuse to refund you simply because you have not made things "formal" by opening a case.  You also can't apply to Ebay directly for a refund - you need to open a case.

So open a case right now if you are within the time frame. If not, there are alternatives.

Once the case is opened, the seller will need to send you a shipping label if they want it back, or they will need to refund you.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply