WHY has eBay stopped reference to an undelivered item that the seller said he was re sending because

jash2030
Community Member

WHY has eBay stopped reference to an undelivered item that the seller said he was re sending because they sent the WRONG item and ageed to send replacements.

The 'system' is stopping me from following up the discission

Baseball Cap with LED Light  Adjustable Strap Hat Fishing Camping Hiking x 1

Hoe\w do I contact the seller NOW !!! ????

-jash2030
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

WHY has eBay stopped reference to an undelivered item that the seller said he was re sending because

They are in China....when did you purchase?
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

You would like fellow buyers and sellers to tell you why eBay has done something?

I assume you followed the correct procedure rather than just take the word of a less than great seller?

Did you open a dispute to start with?

If so, did you close it at the seller's request before anything was resolved 

You do not need to yell at those you are seeking answers (we do not have) by the way

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

eBay is trying to you tell that for under 20 bucks including postage  you can buy one from an Aussie seller(100% feedback)  rather than from a China based seller with questionable feedback.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

For your information,

My contact was through the eBay messaging system to the seller, and was going well [I thought] with several exchanges of messages..

Because of the long delay in recieving the [replacement] items I was trying to followup on the situation again.

However eBay elected to notify me that because the original purchase was made more than 90 days before I was messaging, they considered the transaction complete.

I have still not received the goods, while noting the same seller is still offering them on eBay.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@jash2030 wrote:

For your information,

My contact was through the eBay messaging system to the seller, and was going well [I thought] with several exchanges of messages..

Because of the long delay in recieving the [replacement] items I was trying to followup on the situation again.

However eBay elected to notify me that because the original purchase was made more than 90 days before I was messaging, they considered the transaction complete.

I have still not received the goods, while noting the same seller is still offering them on eBay.

The answer to your problem is very straight forward. It appears you may not have followed the correct ebay procedures. What you should have done is gone to the Resolution Centre and opened an Item Not as Described INAD case. Had you then followed through with the procedure you would have either received authority from ebay to return the item at the sellers cost and received a refund or more likely for a cheap Chinese item, just been paid a refund and also allowed to keep the incorrect item.

By contacting the seller through messages, it appears you have allowed them to string you on until the time for making a claim has lapsed. A tactic Chinese sellers are reported to regularly adopt. I,m not a buyer, so not right up with time frames, but some others may be able to advise you on whether there is still time to lodge a complaint through the resolution centre or Paypal.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@jash2030 wrote:

Hoe\w do I contact the seller NOW !!! ????

Go to their feedback profile and click "contact member" (you'll have to start a new message chain - it will ask you  if it is about an item or not, just say it's not). 

I take it you're getting the red message at the top if you try to reply to earlier messages (You can no longer contact this member because the transaction ended more than 90 days ago). They do it to all types of messages (eg another one is The question you are trying to answer is either invalid or older than 90 days. You cannot respond to questions older than 90 days). 

It's annoying sometimes - I get customers who ask me to send a message when an item comes back in stock, or if I can get a custom item in, and sometimes that conversation ends up needing more than 90 days, but it's likely a data thing - lots of order details disappear after 90 days too, and messages are deleted after 6 months regardless. I'm sure there are some situations where people have been really glad when messages could no longer be sent to them by someone, and they couldn't figure out how else to contact, either. 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply