WHY is REMOVED selling items NOT in stock? Seems an ACCC issue.

skystrop
Community Member

For example:

REMOVED

Wednesday 02/09/2020 advising:

Unfortunately there is no stock of this item. Your refund will be processed shortly and this will be taken down from the ebay website .We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Supercheap Auto " 

But link remains, with item still selling receiving funds. Furthermore, you will see by clicking "sold" which is up to 100 orders. And at  REMOVED

And same seems anticipated for this item:

REMOVED

Where other buyers exceed 100 since 3/09/2020, clicking sold.

For instance:

REMOVED

I am not sure why ebay allows this? 

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: WHY is REMOVED selling items NOT in stock? Seems an ACCC issue.

Appreciate you trying to help.

But without a doubt the issue is why is ebay allowing this practice to continue?

Viz, allowing a seller to advertise items which are NOT in stock?

Clearly, maybe someone else can help with worthwhile feedback.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

skystrop
Community Member

"Stupid is knowing the truth seeing the truth but not stopping and still believing the lies."

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

@skystrop wrote:

"Stupid is knowing the truth seeing the truth but not stopping and still believing the lies."

Thanks for that, I'm out of here.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

No ice here today thank goodness.

EBay has billions of listings. They can't keep tabs on every listing. They also don't sell anything, sellers do. It's up to sellers to keep tabs on their own stock levels. Most sellers with a store have an out of stock option that they select, which when stock level reaches 0, the item is removed from search results.

Some sellers will show more stock than what they have to keep their listing in the search results. So do that in the hope that new stock will arrive within the next few days and orders can be filled. Ebay would have no idea that sellers do this. If the item isn't available and the seller chooses to cancel citing the reason "out of stock", they get a black mark against their name. Too many of them and they get shut down.

As SCA is one of the big players, they are protected. They could have a million defects a week and eBay will let them keep trading.

We were looking at SCA online this morning and the prices on there are cheaper than on eBay. Plus you can opt for click and collect, or delivery,

As for the pressure washer, did you read the review on it that someone left? Go to Bunnings and get a Karcher. Good prices and quality items. 

I would never ever consider buying from a high volume seller with that feedback score. It's atrocious. Did you even bother to look at the feedback before contemplating buying? I would have run a mile. One needs to do their own research BEFORE commiting to buy.

Edit: I'm so glad you mentioned the ACCC. It's been several days since someone threatened eBay with them. I was starting to get withdrawals.

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

@skystrop wrote:

I too am out of here.........

Focker Fockerout GIF - Focker Fockerout Ded - Discover & Share GIFs

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Based on your responses, appears you can not actually help. Rather only ebay, who can not be sensibly contacted.

Right now nothing better than listening to a lie when you already know the truths.

Because this surely demonstrates accepting payments without a genuine intention then to supply.

Under the Australian Consumer Law, businesses must not accept payment for products or services if:

• they do not intend to supply them
  • they intend to supply materially different products or services
  • they know, or should have known, they would not be able to supply the products or services within the timeframe indicated or if no timeframe was provided, within a reasonable time.

This incluces the pressure washers you opigned, and series of other items buyers are ruing and bitterly regretting about on supercheap auto's feedback/reviews.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

Can you post the item number of one of the items that is supposed to be out of stock.

The link you posted to the feedback profile gives us nothing to go by except to see that I would not buy from them in a fit.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Yes, I have read the feedback but all it tells me that I would never buy from that seller.

What I asked for was an item number of an item that you say is still for sale but is out of stock.  I was not able to see why that is happening.....everything that I looked at was either available or labelled as out of stock.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

@skystrop wrote:

Based on your responses, appears you can not actually help. Rather only ebay, who can not be sensibly contacted.

Right now nothing better than listening to a lie when you already know the truths.

Because this surely demonstrates accepting payments without a genuine intention then to supply.

Under the Australian Consumer Law, businesses must not accept payment for products or services if:

• they do not intend to supply them
  • they intend to supply materially different products or services
  • they know, or should have known, they would not be able to supply the products or services within the timeframe indicated or if no timeframe was provided, within a reasonable time.

This incluces the pressure washers you opigned, and series of other items buyers are ruing and bitterly regretting about on supercheap auto's feedback/reviews.

Thank you, I didn't opign (sic) anything. You posted a link to the pressure washer. One could only assume that you were trying to purchase one. Otherwise, why would you link to that item?

As for saying we can't help, good luck with getting help from eBay. Most people here will be done and dusted with you.

Have you contacted the ACCC yet? I'm sure they'd love to hear from you. Don't delay. Chop chop!

Oh, and sweetie, you can't name and shame in the forums. As you might notice, your posts are currently being edited by the moderators. Break the rules too many times and you might find you can no longer post. Go to the ACCC about that while you're at it.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply