Waiting for shipping

Paid for an item last Monday to a seller I have bought from previously. They have 1,000's of items in stock. Am still waiting for it to be shipped. I emailed them about it and was told we are checking our inventory for available stock. Just a long long time to wait and rather annoying. You would think being a big seller they would have item shipped out quick. Seller is in UK.
Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Waiting for shipping

@michellebartley wrote:
You would think being a big seller they would have item shipped out quick. 

I tend to find the opposite is true.

Even though larger businesses have staff to manage and perform specific tasks, and systems in place to streamline a lot of work, not everything can be done in an instant....unless the business hires people to work 24/7 and penalises them for doing perfectly natural things like taking a loo break, resulting in the kind of workplace and staff turnover that somewhat resembles an automated life-sucking machine. 

Over the holiday season, many sellers I buy from increase their order processing time, because the workload is significantly higher. 

Sometimes, things just take time. 

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Open a dispute for item not received if the system allows and leave feedback to advise other after 1 week item still was not posted.

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Michelle, we went through this last time this happened. Sometimes sellers, especially large sellers either forget or don't mark an item as posted, for whatever the reason. I forgot with one a few weeks ago and remembered when the Aust Post app alerted me that the item was with the driver for delivery that day. I marked it as posted and she had it an hour later.

Being a busy time of year, it's possible the seller is swamped with orders and may not have got around to marking them as posted. It doesn't mean they haven't posted. If it hasn't arrived a week or 2 after the last estimate date, send them a message to find out what's going on. If they give you the run around, only then open a dispute. You know how to do that.

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Aw geez, Tippy, I was gunna let Michelle run with Sparklz' answer    snicker.gif

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Aw geez, Tippy, I was gunna let Michelle run with Sparklz' answer    snicker.gif

Sh*t stirrer.....

Marina.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

The relevant point is "I have bought from previously"

Why would your consider this transaction to be an issue?

Why do you come here asking the same questions over and over again?

Why don't you -

a) READ and apply the answers you have been previously given, or

b) Try managing your life without input from the eBay boards, or

c) Ask a question, even.

You are, as usual, venting. Or in want of some attention. I'm sure one of your 'pets' would be happy to nibble your toes (off) if you need attention that much.

You know the ropes of international buyiong better than any of us mere mortals who believe quarantine laws apply.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Well how about stopping letting your steam off in my direction and let someone who shops on Ebay the right to ask any question or query or problem that they like. Whether trivial or otherwise. My type of question may be very helpful to somebody out there. No and I dont need my pets to bite toes thanks. I'd love to bite your head off given half a chance.
Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:
You would think being a big seller they would have item shipped out quick. 

I tend to find the opposite is true.

Even though larger businesses have staff to manage and perform specific tasks, and systems in place to streamline a lot of work, not everything can be done in an instant....unless the business hires people to work 24/7 and penalises them for doing perfectly natural things like taking a loo break, resulting in the kind of workplace and staff turnover that somewhat resembles an automated life-sucking machine. 

Over the holiday season, many sellers I buy from increase their order processing time, because the workload is significantly higher. 

Sometimes, things just take time. 

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:
Well how about stopping letting your steam off in my direction and let someone who shops on Ebay the right to ask any question or query or problem that they like. Whether trivial or otherwise. My type of question may be very helpful to somebody out there. No and I dont need my pets to bite toes thanks. I'd love to bite your head off given half a chance.

I buy on eBay, which makes me a buyer. I also believe in quarantine laws.

I also recall you asking this 'question' about a month ago.

Why not just go back to it and look at the answers you got then? If indeed you are after answers.

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

Rarely a week goes by !!!!!!

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply