Warning - More Choo

Several months ago I saw a beatiful scarf. advertised on the MoreChoo. site that is frequently advertised on Ebay.  I ordered it (back in September) and was excited when the parcel arrive recently.  What a disappointment!  What a rip-off! It is nothing but a cheap and nasty knock off that bares little resemblance to the scarf advertised.  I see now I am not the only dissatisfied customer.  Yes, I know I should have checked before I ordered,  My question now is, why does Ebay contine to allow this scammer to addvertise on their site?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Warning - More Choo

You now have feedback to warn others.

As said, eBay is mostly an automated system with no or very few people, so it's up to buyers to choose wisely.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Warning - More Choo

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you could not check ebay feedback you should have Googled the reviews for the company

There are 78 reviews......100% BAD!

Don't blame ebay for your lack of due diligence.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Warning - More Choo

Yes, I should have exercised due dilegence because Ebay most certainly didn't!  So, lesson learnt.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Warning - More Choo

Because they get paid for the advertising.

Why would you expect eBay to vet offsite sellers? They don't vet their own.

As always, due diligence is the key. And buying 'genuine' quality products at a fraction of real price from an Asian seller is definitely not due diligence.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Warning - More Choo

True,  I should have checked, however, at almost $50.00 I don't believe it was " a fraction of a real price'.  The photo of the advertised scar looked like a $50 scarf, the scarf I was sent was not. 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Warning - More Choo

You now have feedback to warn others.

As said, eBay is mostly an automated system with no or very few people, so it's up to buyers to choose wisely.

image host
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Warning - More Choo

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you could not check ebay feedback you should have Googled the reviews for the company

There are 78 reviews......100% BAD!

Don't blame ebay for your lack of due diligence.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Warning - More Choo

Yes, I should have exercised due dilegence because Ebay most certainly didn't!  So, lesson learnt.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Warning - More Choo

@river_daisy wrote:

You don't get it, do you?

Do you expect the newspapers and magazines to check out every store that places an advertisement in their publications?

So why would you expect ebay to check out all businesses that place advertisements on their site?

Frankly I am not sure why you are complaining on the ebay boards when you did not even buy your scarfe from an ebay seller.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Warning - More Choo

If it’s not as described, open a Paypal dispute.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply