We need to stop these false advertisements

rbh1961
Community Member

So I just bought a pair of gumboots advertised as follows, (cut & paste wording)

Quality Work Gumboots Gum Boots Safety Knee Length Industrial Heavy Duty gumboot

BUT they are NOT EVEN CLOSE to that description, they're a cheap, ill fitting, poorly constructed boot that would last 12 months, I'm a 60+ yo farmer, 6th generation so I reckon I know gumboots as I've worn then since I could walk.  So I know what I should have got based on the description and I understand consumer law SO WHY THE BLOODY HELL DOESN'T EBAY???   How do we stop this from continuing?

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Where is the seller registered? You can see on their feedback page where they are based.

Maybe the item came from a cheap Chinese manufacturer.

What was the sellers feedback like? Any issues?

Or item number?

As the buyer, you have all the power to get a refund at your fingertips.

You can open a case for Not as Described. If the seller is in Australia and they want them back, they will have to send you a shipping label, or refund. If the seller is overseas and they want them back, they will need to send you the postage funds, or refund you. Never let a seller persuade you to return something at your cost.

Persist with a refund and perhaps investigate shopping with the bigger reliable retailers who have b&m stores. Ebay is not always the place to get the quality you need, tbh.

Message 2 of 40
Latest reply

From the "wonderful" seller ?

Did you really think you were going to get a quality pair of gumboots for under 14 bucks ? Not going to happen.

Do as Jelly said and open a dispute for "item not as described",

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 40
Latest reply

You stop it by buying Australian....check seller's f/b for where they are located

Message 4 of 40
Latest reply

As a 60+ farmer - I guess you would know exactly where to buy your gumboots. 

Certainly not here - on eBay.

Message 5 of 40
Latest reply

Why do you persist in buying what you believe to be junk, and then complaining when items turn out to be exactly what you expected.  Your FB left for others is good for a laugh. but your  buying habits seem to meet the definition of insanity.  Psst, want to buy a cheap.................!

Message 6 of 40
Latest reply

GP, one of the semi-regulars may come along and give the OP a basket-full of platitudes and probably tell him what he wants to hear.

Instead of us mere mortals giving out the truth.................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 40
Latest reply

Last seen giving comfort for 0.09 cents. ๐Ÿคฃ

Message 8 of 40
Latest reply

You stop it by not supporting such sellers over and over and over

You and buyers like you are choosing to keep them in business

You can't have it both ways 

Guess you were not after honest, factual replies but that is what you will get off most members here 

Message 9 of 40
Latest reply

The gumboots or the head patter? 

Message 10 of 40
Latest reply