We're Validating Addresses for Seamless Delivery on eBay

Hi everyone,

I got an email and a message in my ebay saying  "We're Validating Addresses for Seamless Delivery on eBay"

It only mentions state , suburb and post code

" we may make minor adjustments to help ensure smooth delivery. For example, abbreviating a state name from 'Queensland' to 'QLD', fixing a typo or ensuring your suburb name matches your postcode"

my question is does ebay also make adjustments to characters entered in the name and address field please?

thankyou 🙂

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Unlikely, unless you don't know where you live.

As said, they will fix typos IN ADDRESSES and align suburbs to where people live, rather than where they wish they live.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

They say not but I have never had this message before.

All you can do is follow the instructions and see what if anything has been changed.   There were no changes on my details.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

The situation is due to a medical condition I am mostly bedridden and sleeping, even during the daytime.

I live alone as my carer is unable to re-enter Queensland .So I am unable to we awake when deliveries arrive, nor can I open the door to accept or sign for delveries, 

For this reason I format my delivery instructions to read : "Sleeping please dont disturb, leave parcel ................. (here i add a specific place it is safe )  then I add my name, address, suburb and post code

what im trying to determine is if ebay wil automatically change any of the bit  written in blue or not 

Cheers

Deb 🙂

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@gemmababe2001 wrote:

The situation is due to a medical condition I am mostly bedridden and sleeping, even during the daytime.

I live alone as my carer is unable to re-enter Queensland .So I am unable to we awake when deliveries arrive, nor can I open the door to accept or sign for delveries, 

For this reason I format my delivery instructions to read : "Sleeping please dont disturb, leave parcel ................. (here i add a specific place it is safe )  then I add my name, address, suburb and post code

what im trying to determine is if ebay wil automatically change any of the bit  written in blue or not 

Cheers

Deb 🙂

possibly, as those details should not form part of your address.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Just check what, if any, changes ebay has made.  I doubt that any of us can tell you for sure.

If they have made changes then is the time to contact them and see what can be done.

You can possibly add the instructions on every purchse you make if they refuse to leave them in the ebay record.

It may be a nuisance but is probably doable as a last resort.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

thanks for your input, as a back up maybe add a mesage in the message to sellers with my delivery instructions

but I really cant figure out what is going on as I did receive a parcel today from an ebay seller, and on the lable I noticed delivery instructions that were not those that I had written but I do not know who wrote them

Im concerned as the parcel was not left in the safe place I specified and it could have been stolen. 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

All I can say again is look in your settings and see what, if any, changes ebay has made.

Nothing was done to my details at all.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply