What can I do about a seller who has blocked me from paying

A seller opened an unpaid item case against me for 2 books without contacting me first. I have until 20 June 2019 to pay. I contacted her and I apologised and told her I want to complete the transaction. She replied with a rude email. After trying to pay for 2 days and continually getting an error message, I contacted eBay who informed me that the seller has blocked me from paying the unapid items, and that I am going to get an unpaid item strike on my account because it is not possible for me to pay. They said they would intercede on my behalf, then said they wouldn't. I tried to contact the seller again and she has also blocked me from contacting her. Is there anything else I can do?

I also left feedback about what happened, and it has been erased. What can I do about that? Buyers should be able to leave feedback when a seller is refusing to complete a transaction.

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: What can I do about a seller who has blocked me from paying

Most of us who have read this thread would have put OP on our BBL but get ready to be suspended from posting for a few days lol as you just can't abuse anyone on these boards like you just have.

I know from experience of abusing members as I can't help it as I have tourette's which isn't an excuse to abuse but sometimes I can't help it as some people just get under my skin lol.

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

*sigh*  I missed the fun again.

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

You snooze you loose haha I say it coming

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

*sigh*  I missed the fun again.

Looks like I did too. Stupid work, always getting in the way of an exciting post!

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just had this happen.  I kept getting messages from the seller, a day after I won the auction. I responded with ' has it ever occurred to you that there may be a reason someone hasn't paid, a family emergency for example. i will pay before the deadline' and she cancelled the sale and blocked me without replying. I had until Saturday to pay. I'm very angry as I'm not in the wrong  , she is . 

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

Not much point in expressing your anger on the forum for eBay Australia when you are in The UK, on a comment made in 2019 no less

Maybe the seller did not appreciate your rudeness

Given 'family emergency' is the most used reason for buyers not paying, maybe this seller had had so many using that reason, they choose to block anyone who uses it

And *if* the seller has blocks in place, anyone with non payment strikes on their account will be automatically blocked in any case . They don't need to reply or explain themselves in such a case

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

Hi All, 

This thread has been locked due to it's age and the information no longer current. If you would like to keep the discussion going, we encourage members to start a new topic for discussion. 

Thanks!

Community Moderator 

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply