What happens about buying an item that has been shipped twice, that I never received.

I ordered a phone battery, paid for it, and it was shipped.

I waited for nearly two weeks (busy season last year Nov.) in the hope it would turn up. It did not.

I contact the seller. No problem, we will send you a new one (now it's Dec 7 2018) they will ship it within the next 3-6 days. Fine, I will wait for it and check P.O. the following week.

So now we are in third week Dec 2018.

I check P.O. again, no package, no phone battery. Phone informs me that battery is dying and has to be replaced.

Finally, I remembered that I did not receive that damn battery and check with Ebay to see what has happened to my delivery and non-existent battery - EBAY has cancelled the request.

Charming. So now I am out of pocket for a battery, which was sent twice, that I never received and EBAY inform me to sod off because now it's too late.

Just simply charming.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

What happens about buying an item that has been shipped twice, that I never received.

That the seller *says* was shipped twice

Was the seller by any chance registered in China

Are you sure ebay told you to sod off? or was the request closed because of inaction?

If an eBay staff member did indeed tell you sod off, make a phone call and report them to a supervisor

Did you pay with Paypal ? if so, you have 6 months to open a case there

And *if* it was a seller registered in China, you may have had a lucky escape as many phone batteries from such sellers are either fake at best,or dangerous at worst

Did the seller's feedback have a long list of comments about them not sending items?

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Oh dear.

As enigma bear mentioned, the seller "said' it was shipped but that is not proof of anything.

Did you get tracking numbers? I bet not.

I'd say the seller was trying to fob you off & hoping you would forget it or that things would time out.

In future if something does not turn up within a few days of the expected delivery dates, and especially if it is coming from China, do not accept an offer of a replacement. Inform the seller that nope, you want a refund. If that is not forthcoming within a couple of days, open an ebay claim but don't just leave it hanging there, follow through with it.

All is not lost. You still have paypal, as previously mentioned. I think, from memory, once you open a case, the seller has about a week in which to respond/refund or give proof of delivery and if they don't, you'll need to go back and confirm the claim in your favour. That's how it went for me once when i had to make a claim (not through ebay). If things have changed, i am sure someone will let us know.

Ebay & paypal claims do work but you need to follow the instructions/rules, otherwise it is like anything else & if you miss the deadlines or don't do it properly, they can't help you.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply