What is a "Return Label"?

I've opened a Ebay Money Back Guarantee case for an item not as described.

Ebay tells me tht the seller needs me to supply me with a return label (to pay for return postage)

What exactly is a return label?

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: What is a "Return Label"?

Yes, it is appalling isn't it.

A few weeks ago we could contact a seller with minor concerns but now we have to involve ebay whether we like it or not....there is no other way to contact a seller once the item has been posted.

Message 11 of 34
Latest reply

Thre is still the option to "Contact Seller"...the difference seems to be that when taken to the page that says
Select a Topic buyers can no longer send a message  headed "I did not receive my item" etc. 

The only way is send a message outside of the new returns process is to use "I have a question about using my item or I want to send the seller a message" because the other topics (as below) only lead to information.

Select a topic

I have a question about using my item or I want to send the seller a message (0)

I didn’t receive my item (2)

I need to return my item (1)

I received an item that wasn't as described (1)

Request to cancel this order (1)

Message 12 of 34
Latest reply

I used the option Not As Described....it was broken.  That option immediately involves ebay and tells the seller I want to return the item.  I don't want to return it!!   It is completely useless to me and the seller in the condition it is in and would cost more in return postage than it is worth.

Message 13 of 34
Latest reply

So im taking it that pc users dont have the "contact seller", where you can just send a general question.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 14 of 34
Latest reply

Buyers can still send a general question -  Contact Seller - "I have a question or I want to contact seller".

lyndal, that has happened to me.

All other options such as "not as described" etc lead into the returns process if you continue on after clicking on one of the other options (other than "I have a question").

Message 15 of 34
Latest reply

I always use the first option:   I understand that if you choose the 4th .... "wasn't as described"   - the seller gets an automatic defect

contact seller.JPG

Message 16 of 34
Latest reply

About "return labels", I have just come across this answer in the Answer centre, posted yesterday by an eBayer who has posted nearly 14,000 relies in the Community Forums:

"If you open a dispute for item not as described via ebay then escalate to a claim ebay will get you to print a return label through them and the seller then pays the return postage if what you say is correct in the item is not what was advertised"

Is this correct information about eBay getting the buyer to print a return label through eBay? Where is this information shown on eBay? Does anyone know?

Message 17 of 34
Latest reply

That information was posted by an experienced seller who has no doubt read all the information for sellers.

You can probably find it if you click on the information at the bottom of most pages about the ebay money back guarantee.  It is part of that guarantee so should be there.

Message 18 of 34
Latest reply

Both you and I lyndal are buyers only but this MBG and the 180 day Paypal ruling are a complete load of carp.

If it wasn't for those two "improvements" I would probably be a seller now, and certainly a bigger buyer (as I've said previously my buying has dropped to a few items a week instead of a couple of dozen, and most of those are from my regular sellers), I'm seeing less and less listings on my watch-lists lately -  how come the eBay board can't see the writing on the wall ?????  

says it all really.......original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 19 of 34
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

Both you and I lyndal are buyers only but this MBG and the 180 day Paypal ruling are a complete load of carp.

If it wasn't for those two "improvements" I would probably be a seller now, and certainly a bigger buyer (as I've said previously my buying has dropped to a few items a week instead of a couple of dozen, and most of those are from my regular sellers), I'm seeing less and less listings on my watch-lists lately -  how come the eBay board can't see the writing on the wall ?????  

says it all really.......original.gif

There's a wall ??

It is probably made of the same bricks you and lyndal have been bashing your heads on in another thread LOL

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 20 of 34
Latest reply