What is this ?

sloc6192
Community Member

From the pictured item, what do you think that you are buying ? Would you expect a Mega Pack that included 1 X Pump Unit + 1 X Compressed air tube + 2 X Container Bottles !! In fact, you get 1 X Compressed air tube {ONLY}. Open the color \/ Tab and you see the price jump to almost AU$120.00. False Advertising, or just stretching / hiding the details. Sorry I missed the dealers name / details but if you look it is easy enough to find. ebay sends me daily details because I looked once and considered them fake or fraud sellers.

What are you buying ?What are you buying ?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What is this ?

No idea why you'd even bother looking at this. I bought our Soda Stream from Big W for $49.99, that came with 2 cylinders and 8 different syrups. To be fair, most of the syrups were pretty rank, we tend to prefer just the soda water, but if you like that kind of thing, much better buying local than online.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

What is this ?

I agree that this looks like a misuse of the Listing With Variation option. There is no definition under which 2x soda gas is a colour.

Seller has poor feedback too. 98.5% - I wouldnโ€™t be going near them. From the looks of itโ€ฆ dropshipping.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

What is this ?

What do I think?

I think it screams dodgy as seller and I would be hitting the back button as fast as possible

And if that was'nt enough, their feedback would make me do it twice as fast

And that does'nt even cover the key word spamming

I have no desire to look for them, nor to subscribe to daily deals

BTW, naming and shaming is not allowed on the forum anyway, as agreed to when signing up t post

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

What is this ?

I think I have the right ad, the prices, photo and number sold matches in the ad I am looking at.

I agree, I hate ads like that, where the price at first glance looks great but then you find it applies for something completely different.

It is a turn off for a lot of buyers.

For $69.88, I would expect to get 2x soda gas, that is what is showing on the drop down menu of the ad I am looking at.

The minute you actually choose a colour for the mega pack, the price rises to $119.98. Big difference.

If you just looked at the photo and heading though, you'd be expecting the whole deal. The truth only emerges when you use the drop down menu.

This is annoying as if you believe it is only about $70 on ebay, it could lead you to ignoring good prices in actual stores.

I don't get the impression the seller is drop shipping from China as such because delivery is estimated as from Tuesday with ebay plus or Thursday otherwise and it is Sunday at the moment. Not to say they don't get stock from China but I think it is warehoused here.

Would I buy from them?

Probably not. Apart from the fact I don't like ads that are misleading, the neg feedback indicates they aren't all that careful in packing and posting. I absolutely would not buy any food from them and I'd be wary of buying this as I'd be afraid it might crack if not packed properly. I try to avoid problems.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

What is this ?

I usually don't buy from these sellers - out of principle, even if I agree with the price of the real item in the dropdown menu. They annoy me, so I try to avoid them if I can.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

What is this ?

At least you have to make a selection, therefore showing correct prices, before proceeding to purchase.

Dont know why the price is not showing as variable  $ from/to $ as it does via their store.

If the price looks too good, at least check to see why.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

What is this ?

No idea why you'd even bother looking at this. I bought our Soda Stream from Big W for $49.99, that came with 2 cylinders and 8 different syrups. To be fair, most of the syrups were pretty rank, we tend to prefer just the soda water, but if you like that kind of thing, much better buying local than online.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

What is this ?

Yes, it is always a good idea to check prices in real stores first. I think some people assume that if it is on ebay, it must be cheaper. Not so.

The real annoyance with these sorts of ads is if you quickly look up a product on ebay, just to get an idea of prices, before you set out for the shops. Unless you click in and read the ad further, you don't always realise the price doesn't apply to the item in the cover photo.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

What is this ?

@springyzone wrote:

The real annoyance with these sorts of ads is if you quickly look up a product on ebay, just to get an idea of prices, before you set out for the shops. Unless you click in and read the ad further, you don't always realise the price doesn't apply to the item in the cover photo.

Indeed, springy.

There have occasionally been posters here who claimed the item they received was NAD, when in reality it was as described, but they had been misled by the ad/photos/dropdown menu.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

What is this ?

Thanks sonsanddaughters,

That was my original idea, but I visited the pages for advice on estimated prices prior to buying from Woolworths (local).

Flavors were never an option, just a basic purchase price for light sparkling water. 

I have not had one for several years and I wanted to update to current selling prices and options. 

I did not name or shame the seller as per sandypebbles mentioned, I just posted their advert, - (anon)              and added >"Sorry I missed the dealers name / details"<.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply