When sellers are bad

I've been on Ebay for 20 yrs as a buyer and a small seller.

Overwhelmingly sellers are fantastic and value their reputation.
There are of course a few bad apples

By way of comparision - I recently bought a small item (a few bucks). The seller was away on leave but had that posted on their site. They still contacted me after the payment to ensure I was happy to wait. They provided a tracking number.

On the other hand I am current in dispute with another vendor. Their postage fees were not transparent, they said they's dispatched an item after 10 days of nothing, they faled to provide tracking info.

I opened a compliant with Ebay when the item failed to arrive.

The seller responded with vague answers and gave the overall impression they were hiding details.

Yesterday, whilst I was on the chat to an Ebay agent (thats 20 days after I paid) the seller actually posted the item (as discolsed in the finally obtain tracking number). The seller sent limited info on this and failed to actually mention it wasn't posted until 10 days after they said. I only found that by going to Aussie post.

What's even more frustrating is that this seller as 30 current negative feedbacks ALL on exactly the same issues - no stock, no postage, no commumnication and no refund.

I should have chcked.

I did try to leave my negative feedback but Ebay has withheld that ... Hmm, ponder on that.

My question is when will Ebay stop recalcitrant sellers.

Surely this vendors histrory is enogh for sanctions?

I do hae supporting evidence but will not upload this as it may be called upon should I open further legal action

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: When sellers are bad

padi...

This is OT but I think that it will appeal to those who like to write a version of War & Peace when leaving feedback... if it comes here... and if the time limit is increased they will be overjoyed.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/We-re-increasing-the-character-limit-for-feedback/ba-p/3...

Message 21 of 43
Latest reply

Oh joy TC, now all they need to do now is extend feedback to 10 years and the MBG to infinity then we will have plenty of time to complain about the GSP, GST, and conspiracy theories  ad nauseam............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 22 of 43
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

@rehb_au wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi7nLbZX6C8 

this video shows how ebay actively assist in people having their consumer rights violated when other rob people from purchasing goods from retailers, while at the same time supporting commercial laws being violated 

Hi there rehb_au. The clip was interesting. It does suggest that there are a few opportunist  sellers out there taking money for items they don't have in stock and will re-supply with their margin put on top to make the $$$$s. At the very least people who engage in this type of selling should have to earn a status and there should be a "Pre-order Seller" rating.

WRONG AGAIN - The sellers have the stock and have sold and sent as per the feedback on all the sellers I can find. All positive feedback, I am sorry you don't understand  but Nil Stock is not the issue 4chan -

Message 23 of 43
Latest reply

rehb_au
Community Member

its actually hilarious to delete peoples posts on here - ebay

because the reality is your allowing people to steal others peoples legal rights to buy from retailers at the retail price white breaching commercial laws that these retailers have being on your ebay, while you make a profit 

so the deletes of my previous threads shows that you have two faced standards, where you will delete people but allow people to be ripped off and make money from it while damaging other businesses legal contracts - the damages to consumers also consists off self employed content creators - Nvidia and AMD GPU's being scalped here has effectively caused harm to small businesses, other small businesses have had damages from it also due to the fact they are missing out on add on sales 

videos are being handed out in social media platforms and also being sent to government institutions and ebay you were requested to delist scalpers but you chose to ignore it, this in effect brought the current situation myself and others will be pursuing right now. Due to your ignoring it, then it can be legally determined that you not only condone this happening but you also promote it too happen. I wonder how much money has been passed your way and I do wonder how much money your going to have to part with once you start having to pay compensations and fines associated to your failures to abide with laws within the world 

Collectors editions games are sole commercial contracts with a retailer - i have it on video and you been doing it for years. The commercial contract for collectors editions represents the retailer having exclusive rights to sell the product and voiding any other retailer (this includes individual people) from selling the item (its on pre-order) but also the PS5 was on pre-order on ebay but also the ps5 xbox nvidia etc are in fact fluctuating markets - a retailer has to agree to the set price and that is 749 for ps5 or xbox series x - congratulations ebay you breached commercial laws but you stole the right from a person buying it from a retailer at the declared price that falls in commercial law. 

delete peoples threads on your forums while allowing criminal acts to be conducted on your platform - told the moderators how this is going to be used against ebay in the future and they still did it. This does work out for me, also the purchase I made of Spiderman PS4 collectors edition I had to buy due to it being sold out everywhere on pre orders and appearing on ebay on pre orders i will be filing a victim of crime report against ebay and also the seller - prepare to be majorly audited in the future ebay, but i will advise you if you delete information to try and cover up then you may be facing a lot more damages from that act

Your best act now is too actually delist all scalpers - because your not avoiding the consequences to this date but you will actually avoid the consequences on tomorrow 

Message 24 of 43
Latest reply

@rehb_au wrote:

also too add - how many people will want to jump onto the bandwagon - because there so many jumping onto the bandwagon to rip of people of their legitimate rights from buying a product from the retailer 

you should try thinking a bit

Hey man, I don't disagree with what you say! Of course this is happening. You are right about scalping. But I just wanted to point out that there's also a type of scalping ( a pseudo type ) where the buyer pays extra thinking they will get an item before others. Later they realize that the so-called scalper is just one of those sellers who doesn't even have the stock. Often the buyer eventually get the desired item. But not in the time they think they paid extra $$$s for.

Ebay is riddled with dishonest thieves, sellers, wannabe's and incompetent sellers who refuse to or incapable (sometimes mentally) of taking responsibility for their stuff ups. Luckily this is in the minority. Sadly though there are enough around that one must take care and not fall into a booby trap.

Message 25 of 43
Latest reply

@rehb_au wrote:

commercial laws apply 

all retailers were obligated to pay and sell at a set price - ebay is a retail platform - which does not contain commercial agreements this means they are not legally allowed to violated existing commercial contracts - but ebay and those one ebay will be finding that out soon

in fact if i was a retailer and saw ebay allowing and then finding out they have been contacted before - i would be also for my retail business suing ebay for every single listing - oppertunity you state - yeh jb hifi may make well over 100 million dollars, same with eb games

even sony - as their marketing rights have been violated - ebay does not contain the marketing rights to that of sony or xbox nvidia 

ebay is looking into the hundreds of millions in compensation claims and then hundreds of millions in government fines - i wonder how much money ebay really wants to lose because each day they allow scalpers is each day they will be held accountable 

In a Court of Law - your argument just ended - well didn't even begin really. 🤣

Message 26 of 43
Latest reply

What "bandwagon"?

You have provided no links to join this mythical "bandwagon".

Message 27 of 43
Latest reply

tuckcase1989_0-1616821133115.gif

Message 28 of 43
Latest reply

"Ebay is riddled with dishonest thieves, sellers, wannabe's and incompetent sellers who refuse to or incapable (sometimes mentally) of taking responsibility for their stuff ups. Luckily this is in the minority. Sadly though there are enough around that one must take care and not fall into a booby trap."

ebay was contacted last year and when the release of the ps4 spiderman collectors edition came out - by myself - ebay ignored and tried to corporatized their response rather than taking steps to wipe their platform from scalpers - ebay had a duty of care to do this as there is laws within the community that ebay has to comply with - their failure or anything - is the definition of statement - ignorance of the law is not an excuse - 

damages have already been done with consumers and businesses and self employed people due to negligence's of ebay taking action to wipe out scalping on their platform 

Message 29 of 43
Latest reply

It is immoral but not illegal. Try to look at it like this:

Basically the 'Seller' has bought the games at Retail - That is now thier cost price.

Also - tell your mates to stop with the Private Messages to me, it will not end well for them

They are adding to the cost price as all sellers do, and advertsing thier Sell Price -

Because thier buyers are lazy and impatient they are paying ridiculous prices for a NON essential item

They are recieving thier item and leaving positive feedback.   More fool them

Legal Action against eBay - IMPOSSIBLE   Legal Action against Seller - IMPOSSIBLE

Also tell your friends to stop private messaging me, it will not end well for them

Message 30 of 43
Latest reply