When the seller gives you a refund, do you get a notification saying that the item has been refunded

Through private messages under the option "I have a question about using my item or I want to send the seller a message",

the seller has said that they agreed to and already performed a refund.

When the seller gives you a refund, do you get a notification saying that the item has been refunded or do you just have to wait for the money to show up on your account again to see the refund in action?

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: When the seller gives you a refund, do you get a notification saying that the item has been refu

most sellers tell you or email them to tell you when it is refunded
Message 21 of 33
Latest reply

Re: When the seller gives you a refund, do you get a notification saying that the item has been refu

The OP says the seller did exactly that. 

The specifics of the transaction seem to be lost in translation, though.

I will give you a challenge. Post something that actually addresses the issue before others do, or actually post a relevant/useable suggestion.

Message 22 of 33
Latest reply

@the4masters2013 wrote:
Thank you.
Sometimes the "Old school" of good manners is the only way to go.
At least I can sleep well knowing I have done everything I can.

You're welcome. I worked in sales for a few years as well as in closely connected roles. I came in on the tail end of an era which was one where the customer was held in regard. Great efforts were made to rectifying things in an a mostly successful attempt to ensure customer satisfaction or at the very least make them feel like they were valued. I understand that things have changed and the way businesses are set up these days they can't do what they did in the 70s, 80s and even the 90s. This is because many businesses don't have a supply of stock or replacements like they used to. And in today's climate it can come at a great cost. But for eBay sellers to do what they can within reason, but just still adding that little extra touch, it's still much appreciated believe me!

Cheers.

Message 23 of 33
Latest reply

ah, they've must've done it manually then. Thanks for answering.
Message 24 of 33
Latest reply

I have a nursing background...resolving problems quickly became second nature so nothing blew up in our faces, so to speak!
Customer service (or just being polite) has gone by the board these days in many different aspects.
Enjoy your weekend when you get to it.
Message 25 of 33
Latest reply

@the4masters2013 wrote:
I have a nursing background...resolving problems quickly became second nature so nothing blew up in our faces, so to speak!
Customer service (or just being polite) has gone by the board these days in many different aspects.

I also mourn customer service' decline into obscurity. On the bright side, it means it's incredibly easy these days to provide great service and create a positive impression, since even the slightest bit of effort puts you ahead of 95% of others.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 26 of 33
Latest reply

@the4masters2013 wrote:

Yes, nursing background would definitely prepare you for a lot of situations and some of that experience can be translated into problem solving in sales too. noo doubt! You too, best of the weekend to you.

Message 27 of 33
Latest reply

Oh-ho... I can see a scenario occurring...

In a shadowy mud-brick alcove, curved with a sharp delineation against the eye-stinging brightness beating down upon the dusty street in the centre of Beirut, stands a figure in petticoated 1950s-style nurse's uniform, pleated surgical mask drawn closely around the face. A name tag upon the bib of the uniform declares "Nurse Masters".

A slight figure, bent, wizened, bearing a large empty basket upon her arm, comes shuffling down the brown dirt street. Her almost bare scalp is enlivened by a few grey strands of hair, and below the narrow wrinkled forehead the eyes are sunken and full of resignation.

"Nurse," says the old woman, "I have heard that one may obtain vegetables from you. I have walked many weary miles to find you, with hope fading every moment, for so many sellers have turned me away and told me that there is nothing left. They have cursed me to my face, spat at me, mocked my hunger and the hunger of my son and his wife and the little ones. Therefore, I beseech you, please tell me swiftly - have you any vegetables which I may purchase?"

Nurse Masters comes slightly forward, and her eyes crinkle with good humour and kindness. "Grandmother" - a courtesy title - "Grandmother, I am happy to be of assistance to you. Please, do take this seat" - she gestures towards a beautifully embroidered seat set against the wall of the alcove - "and rest for a while. Are you thirsty? Allow me to give you a glass of this sherbert, flavoured with hibiscus and pomegranate. I am alarmed to hear that you have had to walk so far; I will arrange for a caravan to take you back to your village, together with all the vegetables that you could wish."

The old woman collapses onto the seat, more in surprise than as a result of her weariness. She is a strong woman, and although she is exhausted, she would walk another 100 miles if need be. She looks up, her eyes full of surprise and some wariness.

"Thank you for your courtesy, Nurse." She takes the elaborately chased glass of sherbet and sips delicately. Her face lights up in approval. "Delicious. It is many years since I have had tasted so fine a sherbet. Now... I am relieved by your answer. What do you charge for the vegetables?" she says. "Are they fresh? What manner of vegetables are they?"

The Nurse raises a cloth from a large ice-cooled chest, and there to be seen is all manner of vegetables... white eggplant tender with its soft creamy colour, tomatoes ripe almost to bursting, purple carrots dug fresh that morning, radishes, mangosteen, softly frilled cress - all of it crisp and fresh. The old woman is overjoyed, and engages in the age-old practice of bargaining. Finally a mutually agreeable price is reached, and the old woman pays for her goods.

"One moment," says Nurse Masters, raising a single finger. She continues, "I shall give you booster vaccinations while you are here, as well as bind your foot where I see a nasty blister is forming. I shall also change your dressing" - she hands over a large jar of traditional Persian salad dressing" - and I will check your blood pressure and temperature before you go."

The old woman is overwhelmed. "Where else in the world shall I find such service?" she muses...

Message 28 of 33
Latest reply

Hello, everyone. It's very important to keep your discussion relevant to the topic. If you have something else to talk about, please start a new thread. Remember irrelevant posts might be removed. Thanks.
Message 29 of 33
Latest reply

joh_675935
Community Member

No action taken i no reason given i need a uni degree to under stand it help please desperate

Message 30 of 33
Latest reply