Where do I go to report a seller who is lying about having sent an item?

I made a purchase on 20/7 the seller imeediatly uploaded tracking details. parcel was due to arrive 24-28 Jul.

The tracking details never changed. the parcel was never picked up by Australia Post.

I tried to contact the seller several times. all i got was an out of office response.

I finally opened a case and because it appeared the seller was doing the same thing to 200 other people I opened a paypal case as well.

Ive been requesting this order this be cancelled since the 7/8.  The seller responded (7/8/20) Through PayPal appologizing profusely and said another Item would be sent imediatly and that should the first item turn up I could keep it as spares.

Tough to believe that the first item was lost in the mail when auPost tracking said it hadnt been picked up from seller.

I informed the seller again that it was not an acceptable resolution and I wanted the order cancled.

I have contacted the seller again through Ebay requeting the order be cancelled twice more.

Today the seller responded telling me that they had a death in the family and they have been away up north, unfortunaetly the items didnt get sent before they left but it has been sent now.

coincidently the tracking hasnt changed and it still says it is waiting to be collected from the seller.

I am being lied to and suspect that has been the case from the start.

The problem is that this order is for cotton facemasks and it explicitly states that the item cant be returned.

Ive had to purchase elswhere and feel that I have not been unreasonalbe in asking for the order to be cancelled weeks ago.

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You do want to have your cake and eat it as well, don't you.

You can't open a dispute to get your money back and demand a cancellation.

You cannot open a dispute in ebay as well as paypal at the same time....both will be cancelled.

Now that you have lost the options for a formal resolution you will have to rely on the seller to cancel....with no other options available to you unless your payment was funded by a credit or Visa debit card....you might be able to do a chargeback through your card provider.

Message 2 of 54
Latest reply

What was the point of opening a case in both places as well as asking it to be cancelled?

All you had to do was open an Ebay case and the seller had 4 days to respond.

My best guess would be to not close either case until you have a refund or your money back, but not sure exactly how it works if a case is open in both Ebay and PP.

Message 3 of 54
Latest reply

OMG.  The seller's fb.

You'd have to be brain dead to buy from someone with that fb

Message 4 of 54
Latest reply

If the seller is Australian, then one stands out. Although none of the Chinese sellers the OP prefers to buy from have exemplary feedback.

Message 5 of 54
Latest reply

Both recent red dots are for Australian sellers.

Both with atrocious fb

Message 6 of 54
Latest reply

My goodness! 😄

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 7 of 54
Latest reply

.....and now they have NO items for sale....
Message 8 of 54
Latest reply

Maybe the death in the seller's family and they were away up north, was legit.

Last thing you'd think of would be your ebay listings, I guess.

Still..............

Message 9 of 54
Latest reply

Still it would only a take a minute to end your listings.

I've done it on my non-store accounts, when my father died, and it doesn't take a lot. The store I stuck on holiday until my head was working again.

Message 10 of 54
Latest reply