Why are Item Numbers so well hidden nowadays? Really have to dig deep to find this basic important

Why are Item Numbers so well hidden nowadays? Really have to dig deep to find this basic important 

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

imastawka
Honored Contributor

On your search page choose 'view' top right corner, then ' customise'

Tick the box for 'item number' and it will be on your search page listings

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

Nup, nothing like that (VIEW / CUSTOMISE etc - top RH corner) on My Ebay page or a test search page I just did.

?

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

Select customise and another window opens with options.

Tick the boxes you want and save.

image host
Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

You are selling a manual.

Go to that page and view -  http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/joolstacho/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

customise is on top right hand side, just above your postcode

Then click on 'apply changes'

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

Customise? Where TF is that?!

(You know...  I'm looking in the menus and now banner ads pop up to obscure the options in the menus. Har, har, this is communications in the 21st century! They've lost the plot totally!

Makes you laugh doesn't it really)

Look, here is my point:

(Even you could understand this). Sorry I don't mean to be patronising, but it is so infuriating that the very people who should have a thorough and complete knowledge of communications can often be so hopeless at it. I spent a lifetime doing it, and believe me it IS EASY. The simple point is this... First figure out what people NEED to know, -do that first. Secondly, figure out what YOU want to STICK IN THEIR FACE, and do that SECOND! (but second, not first, get it?)

The ITEM NUMBER is an integral part of the Ad, and is absolutely critical to the identification of the ad.

There is no desperate shortage of space on the page, so why isn't the Item Number included by default beneath the title (as it used to be).

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

There is no desperate shortage of space on the page, so why isn't the Item Number included by default beneath the title (as it used to be).

It is.   Install an Adblocker and you  might actually see the view/customise button

Otherwise,  I give up.   Blind Freddie could see it.

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

Oh, you do know, by the way, that we are members, just like

yourself.

You are not communicating with ebay.

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

Yes Ima, I do get that.

Now, I've looked... and I've looked... and I've looked.... and I've looked.

There IS no Item number on the main item pages that I'm looking at.

I CAN find it by hitting the BIDS link, - yes I can see it there, but it's not where it should be on the main item page.

Perhaps it's some kind of aberration with my particular ebay setup, I dunno.

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

You're clearly talking about the main listing page, in which case you're quite right; the item number is very difficult to locate if you don't know exactly where to look. I agree that it should be in a far more obvious position but you'll need to discuss the matter with eBay if you want something done about it (and they probably won't listen anyway).

Dell 19inch Monitor 19- LCD in Petrie, QLD - eBay 2014-07-21 18-00-48.jpeg

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply