Why are Item Numbers so well hidden nowadays? Really have to dig deep to find this basic important

Why are Item Numbers so well hidden nowadays? Really have to dig deep to find this basic important 

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

*sigh

There is no item number on the search page, because you have to

customise your view.   So again, slowly this time

Look at your own page          http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/joolstacho/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

(that means click on that bit)

Now, see the big blue 'search' button?

Diectly under that it says  View.   Click on that one

A drop down says 'customise'

Click on that - then tick the item number box

It should now magically appear on all listings

I'm sorry I can't explain it any clearer.

edit:    http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/search/customize-results.html

Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

Maybe michelle's got a 2nd id and got me         Hahahaha

Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

@joolstacho wrote:

Customise? Where TF is that?!

(You know...  I'm looking in the menus and now banner ads pop up to obscure the options in the menus. Har, har, this is communications in the 21st century! They've lost the plot totally!

Makes you laugh doesn't it really)

Look, here is my point:

(Even you could understand this). Sorry I don't mean to be patronising, but it is so infuriating that the very people who should have a thorough and complete knowledge of communications can often be so hopeless at it. I spent a lifetime doing it, and believe me it IS EASY. The simple point is this... First figure out what people NEED to know, -do that first. Secondly, figure out what YOU want to STICK IN THEIR FACE, and do that SECOND! (but second, not first, get it?)

The ITEM NUMBER is an integral part of the Ad, and is absolutely critical to the identification of the ad.

There is no desperate shortage of space on the page, so why isn't the Item Number included by default beneath the title (as it used to be).

. . . . complete knowledge of communications can often be so hopeless at it. I spent a lifetime doing it, . . .

gotta agree with you there, some people are hopeless at communication, no matter how many times you tell them something they just don't get it!

Try looking at http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Help-and-advice-for-buyers/m-p/1394323#M42536 , post #14 will show you how to have the Item Number show on the items in your watch list.

If you need any more help getting to that post come back here and I will try to help you.

Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

slr sales  (notice I got it right, lol)   I don't think they want

to customise their watch list,  but all items in their search

Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

toolsjacho, by having item number display in search results, watch lists, bidding lists, purchase lists and any other list that CAN be customised there is no problem finding it quickly.  It's as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4 shown below.

customise search results.JPG

Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

Yes, yes, yes!!!!  A screen shot.   If they can't understand that

then all hope is lost,  lol

slr sales

Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

and just to make sure you understand cq's screen grab I have added some text

cq post.JPG

Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

It is strange op. The item no has become less visable over time and it is frustrating. No doubt you can overcome it as pointed out but that is eBay nerd stuff and very much beside the point. I empathise and find it a little annoying myself. 

Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

'Ebay nerd stuff'   Really??

Registered for 10 years, a seller and a buyer, and yet

You still don't know how to customise your search????!!!!!

I suppose you use Best Match too

Spoiler
Waits patiently for a slap        one slap smiley.gif

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

The point of the op, as I read it, is that the item number is important information that should be prominent. Agree or disagree, work arounds are irrelevant.  You looked me up to show me how cool you are so will see it differently I guess.

Message 20 of 24
Latest reply