Why are Sellers charging so much for pre loved clothes I can now safely go back to some stores.

Do Sellers not realise their prices are creeping up to be not worth the dollars, Ebay is for bargains, new items

are priced over the top, I think you are all getting greedy like the stores use to be, but now I can shop

for items in store cheaper than on Ebay, sometimes they are not presented well (not ironed) and I rarely buy

from anyone with under 99%, it is not worth the anguishing will I get the goods or not.

When someone is watching an item, offer a reduction in price to get it sold, I maybe old but not stupid I see

prices of items in store, someone buys them on sale but still asks 10% more than the original price.

Sellers you are getting lazy and unrealistic, do your homework.

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Why are Sellers charging so much for pre loved clothes I can now safely go back to some stores.

@helsblock-2008 wrote:

Do Sellers not realise their prices are creeping up to be not worth the dollars, Ebay is for bargains, new items

are priced over the top, I think you are all getting greedy like the stores use to be, but now I can shop

for items in store cheaper than on Ebay, sometimes they are not presented well (not ironed) and I rarely buy

from anyone with under 99%, it is not worth the anguishing will I get the goods or not.

When someone is watching an item, offer a reduction in price to get it sold, I maybe old but not stupid I see

prices of items in store, someone buys them on sale but still asks 10% more than the original price.

Sellers you are getting lazy and unrealistic, do your homework.

I am a relatively successful small preloved clothing seller on this ID.  Selling less over past year as I limit my eBays activities to pursue more rewarding pursuits. 

I do my homework to set the price of my goods and my highest priced preloved garments are my best sellers. 

I am interested to know more about the link you make between clothing sellers and laziness ?

Message 31 of 35
Latest reply

Re: Why are Sellers charging so much for pre loved clothes I can now safely go back to some stores.

jasm752980
Community Member

I think these crazy prices  are based on self entitled  greed, l shopped on eBay today and spent $253 for clothes that should have cost half that price and now l am holding my breath and hoping that they arrive in good condition. I recycle, l refurbish and l re wear (as that’s my response to consumerism and the fashion  throwaway society that contributes to climate change) some  clothes are worthy and l am happy to pay if the piece is in good condition and has some wear left,  but some people are just too focused on making money.

Message 32 of 35
Latest reply

Oh dear...this is an 8 year-old thread....mods will be along shortly to shut down & you will be instructed to bear your angst on a new thread

Message 33 of 35
Latest reply

Yep great idea  contribute to the huge industrialised manufacturing of clothing that is using the earths resources and contributing to  climate  change. Billions of tons of clothes end up in the tip. EBay was founded on people buying and selling their wares now it’s  all about the eBay seller costs and making money.

Message 34 of 35
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 35 of 35
Latest reply