Why do sellers list item sent when only paperwork has been lodged with auspost

Why do buyers list item sent when only paperwork has been lodged confusing.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Why do sellers list item sent when only paperwork has been lodged with auspost

@Anonymous wrote:

Wide-world-of-stamps - It's Interestng to know that, about the 4 or 5 day delay in sending,  As a buyer sometimes here, I'd probably be disappointed with the delay, if there wasn't a good reason for it.

You are predominantly a seller so you of all people should understand the ebay policies in regard to postage.

Not all sellers are in a position to post the same day or even within 2 days.  Some sellers live in such isolated areas that they only have mail picked up or delivered once or twice a week.

Personally I don't give a hoot how long a seller takes to post my items......I allow what I decide is a reasonable amount of time for my item to arrive before I even start to look at tracking.   I think I have only had one parcel in the last year that has not arrived before I started to look for it.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Re: Why do sellers list item sent when only paperwork has been lodged with auspost

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, thanks for the info in the 2 posts above for clarifying and putting things in perspective, so my apologies for any ignorance on my part.

I think I was talking about something else basically.

Not the handling time (I believe one chooses that rightly, about what is practical and it's their perogative, especially regarding the remote areas what you mentioned Lyndal1838).

But I was talking only specifically about the LABELS and how they are automatically set up, how  the system obliges me, I feel to send the item out straight away, the same day, after you print them (not a day or two later), because the system triggers an email to the buyer at the same time, when you print labels, saying the item is sent, which when you really think about it, this isn't correct.

Maybe the solution for the label issue is for Ebay to keep the automatic insertion of the tracking number once the label is printed, but do away with "item sent" message to the buyer, triggered at the same time, until the seller can mark their item as posted themselves whenever they are ready, whenever that may be.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, thanks for the info in the 2 posts above for clarifying and putting things in perspective, so my apologies for any ignorance on my part.

I think I was talking about something else basically.

Not the handling time (I believe one chooses that rightly, about what is practical and it's their perogative, especially regarding the remote areas what you mentioned Lyndal1838).

But I was talking only specifically about the LABELS and how they are automatically set up, how  the system obliges me, I feel to send the item out straight away, the same day, after you print them (not a day or two later), because the system triggers an email to the buyer at the same time, when you print labels, saying the item is sent, which when you really think about it, this isn't correct.

Maybe the solution for the label issue is for Ebay to keep the automatic insertion of the tracking number once the label is printed, but do away with "item sent" message to the buyer, triggered at the same time, until the seller can mark their item as posted themselves whenever they are ready, whenever that may be.

Perhaps sellers could wait to generate their labels until they're ready to post. I do; at the worst I will print them late in the evening prior.

If a seller is going to pay for them they might as well post them.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, double post

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply