Why do sellers list item sent when only paperwork has been lodged with auspost

Why do buyers list item sent when only paperwork has been lodged confusing.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Some sellers mark as sent just after it has been processed in their dispatch facility.

image host
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I don't print labels, but I thought it was automatically marked as posted when you print an ebay label?

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

If the seller is using eBay labels, or MyPost Business and importing details from eBay, the item is marked as posted as soon as the label is generated. Automatically.

Why is it an issue? I don't even start looking for purchases until a week after I buy them and then only if I haven't had a notification from AP that they are in my PO Box.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

I do use eBay labels, and as mentioned, the instant you hit the button to generate a label, eBay marks the item as sent. It's not a seller thing, it's an eBay thing. If you have an issue with that, take it up with them. 

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I print labels, my intention is to dispatch the items physically very shortly after, the same day (lodged at the Post Office with lodgement receipt).  The usual very short timeframe between label printout and physical lodgement is then reflected on tracking as two separate entries, on AusPost tracking site..

I think it is a good system, because it saves adding the tracking number manually, and helps if you forget to manually add the number, It also encourages the seller to post the items promptly, although I can't imagine a seller printing out labels because he or she wanted to  post an item in the next day  or two!

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

When I print labels, my intention is to dispatch the items physically very shortly after, the same day (lodged at the Post Office with lodgement receipt).  The usual very short timeframe between label printout and physical lodgement is then reflected on tracking as two separate entries, on AusPost tracking site..

I think it is a good system, because it saves adding the tracking number manually, and helps if you forget to manually add the number, It also encourages the seller to post the items promptly, although I can't imagine a seller printing out labels because he or she wanted to  post an item in the next day  or two!

Believe me, it happens quite often. 

We've had items which have been "posted" according to eBay, with tracking showing that they were actually lodged up to 4 or 5 days later.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Another reason for the delay.

As a seller who doesn't use Ebay labels but prepaid Australia Post Satchels, I always upload the tracking information when I've fnished packing a parcel. If this happens to be on a weekend there is a delay of 1 or 2 days before taking to the Post Office on Monday. On weekdays tracking may be input early in the morning but I usually wait until 3pm before lodging at the Post Office in time for their 4pm deadline. So in these cases paperwork gets uploaded to Ebay before anything is lodged with Australia Post.

As a buyer I am just thankful that tracking has been invented so I can make arrangements if I'm going out on expected delivery days.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wide-world-of-stamps - It's Interestng to know that, about the 4 or 5 day delay in sending,  As a buyer sometimes here, I'd probably be disappointed with the delay, if there wasn't a good reason for it.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Wide-world-of-stamps - It's Interestng to know that, about the 4 or 5 day delay in sending,  As a buyer sometimes here, I'd probably be disappointed with the delay, if there wasn't a good reason for it.

Really because as a buyer you should really be checking a sellers postage and handling time frame and if a seller doesn't post for 5 days from receiving payment then you don't have any reason to be disappointed and not a leg to stand on if you tried to complain to ebay.

Do you also blame the seller when your item turns up late due to AP slow delivery?

Any buyer who reads ebay's policies would know the ins and outs of the posting process and to complain about why only paperwork has been lodged without checking first is basically just a newbie's thing.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply