Why does a Walt Disney Fantasia vhs price range from a few dollars up to $3,000 or more?

Why does a Walt Disney 1991 Fantasia vhs price, range from a few dollars up to $3,000 or more?

Are the higher priced ones a scam?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Why does a Walt Disney Fantasia vhs price range from a few dollars up to $3,000 or more?

Could be that they are a rare item and are now valued up to $3000

Or it could be a scam.

If you intend purchasing anything of high value on ebay then you need to be careful

and do some research on the item and the sellers before buying.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

There's a lot of listings for this movie on VHS.     1990 was it's 50th anniversary

Some are still sealed.     But, like everything, they're only worth

what someone is willing to pay.

I think Disney only released it on VHS a couple of times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasia_(1940_film)#Video

Disney only release one classic movie every 6 or 7 years - I think

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Because anything is worth what somebody will pay for it, and to a collector, rare, unused, unopened items are generally prized. And like anything else - it's all relative. If I want a video to keep a child amused, I mught spend $5, but if I'm a wealthy collector, and the only thing missing from my collection is a $3000 unopened copy of Fantasia - I just might go for it.

Marina.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

$3,000 b b b BUCKS!

thats a bargain, buy now before its too late!

ah, you do get it signed by walt disney and everyone who worked on the film dont you?, otherwise its a rediculous price.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

It's all a bit Micky Mouse anyway now, Beta is way better
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@blueseadive wrote:

Why does a Walt Disney 1991 Fantasia vhs price, range from a few dollars up to $3,000 or more?

Are the higher priced ones a scam?

Or they put the price down wrong,eg:$3000 instead of $30

As VHS tapes will deteriorate over time it's not a good investment IMHO.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

The most expensive one showing as sold on ebay in the last 90 days was $14.50 and that was in the UK. One in the U.S.A sold on best offer from a BIN price of $21.35.

My son owns a very original rust free VW Kombi. He is thinking of selling it to buy a modern car. Looking at what rusty old $h!t heaps are advertised on ebay for ( often $5000-$10,000 ) you would think his was worth a mint. Check out what they actually sell for and yes its good money, but many sellers of rusty wrecks are dreaming with the prices they are asking. The rusty wrecks dont actually sell for $10,000

A Seller can ask as much as they like. That doesnt mean they are selling for that.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Depends on the Kombi. The older they are, the more valuable they tend to be.

The shells only of '50s Kombis will easily fetch $10k. Anything with the split windscreen is worth big bucks.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Fair comment Dave. The brother in law had a rusted out shell of a splitty ute that he sold for $5000.

The sons is just a 1976 bay window. Still probably worth $12,000 which is not bad since we purchased it at a garage sale around 3 years ago for $1,000. We have spent around $4,000 on it since then, getting a few rust spots cut out, repainting it and getting the mechanicals 100%.

They might have character, but they are like a truck to drive. A bit over rated if you ask me.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply