Why does ebay have so much clutter on the screen?

daisyrob
Community Member

I am having soooo much trouble searching and chooseing the item I want it isn't funny.  I look at an item and just recently hit the wrong button;. Peerhaps I am getting tooo old for this sort of thing.  Maybe you should have a 24hour breathing space for purcheses over a certain amount fo money or maybe for the elderly.  I am 72 a pensioner and now find myself in a position that I may habve to pay for 2 car covers - $300.  I canot afford this.  

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Why does ebay have so much clutter on the screen?

daisyrob, Ebay certianly do clutter up the pages with advertising. This is because they get paid a huge amount of money for it.

It is very difficult to purchase an item by mistake, as when you click the buy it now button or place a bid at auction, the screen goes opaque and you then have to click on a second very small blue confirmation button. This two step process means it would be extremly unlikely for some-one to buy an item accidently.

If you have changed your mind or find you are not able to pay for an item you have purchased, it would be best to send a message to the seller, appoligising for the mistake and ask them to send you a cancellation request using " buyer purchased item by mistake or changed their mind " as the reason for cancellation. This way they will recieve a refund of the $30-$40 fees they have already been charged by ebay and will not have a defect recorded against their account.

The seller is not obliged to follow this process and could instead open an unpaid item dispute if the item is not paid for. This could impact your account and may cause problems for you in your future ebay purchases.

Best to be open and honest with the seller and hope they give a reasonable response. Good luck.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply