Why doesn't E-Bay have a Item arrived flag for sellers

I usually leave feedback as soon as I've unpacked an item and it looks good, but as both a buyer and seller, I often would like a simple flag that just lets the Seller know the item has arrives, as a seller I could then get on top of issues quicker if it appears the item hasn't arrived. As a buyer it lets the seller know it's arrived and in the case of an item like a Computer Graphic card, I don't have to leave feedback until I've installed it and tested it possibly a couple of weeks time when the other parts to use it have arrived.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Why doesn't E-Bay have a Item arrived flag for sellers

there is nothing stopping you from sending the seller a message like "Just letting you know the item arrived today, I will install it and leave feedback once I have tested it".  No need for a flag.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I just think if there were a quick & easy flag people would use it. As a seller i't not nice assuming the buyer has received the item but just aren't leaving feedback then receiving a message from an unhappy buyer "where's my item?" I've found some people get irritable if you send them messages asking if they've received the item, as many remote properties may not collect mail for a month after it arrives at their local PO.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

As a buyer I don't like receiving emails to ask if I have received the item yet, it makes me think that the seller thinks I'm not going to leave feedback...  Feedback is my indication that an item has arrived, so I don't reply to any emails asking if I have received it.. 

If it bothers you so much, do as K1 suggested and just send the seller an email letting them know it has arrived and you will leave feedback when you have tested the item, you have 60 days to leave feedback.

ebay don't read these boards, they are used by regular members like yourself

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I always let the Seller know when my item has arrived, and that I have left Positive feedback for them.  I always do the right thing by paying promptly also, but I am getting rather annoyed at the attitude of some sellers who seem to treat us buyers with the greatest contempt.  Like not leaving any feedback for one thing.  Isn't it just polite to leave a feedback to say "thank you for your custom" or something similar?  Sellers need to remember where there money comes from and treat buyers with a little respect, and leaving some feedback is simply to say "thank you" for a buyer who has done everything right.  I will not repeat buy from Sellers who treat me rudely by not leaving any feedback, they don't deserve my custom a second time round.  So take note bad sellers, if you want customers, be a little polite in future.  As for all you wonderful Sellers out there, who do the right thing and treat your buyers with respect, keep up the good work, you will get repeat customers every time.  As for if a Seller asked me if I had received my parcel, I would think it very considerate of them to ask, and I certainly would answer.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

OP, I too would like to see a "flag" as notification.

I think it's a great idea.

Doesn’t expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

an item received button? lol

I reckon 30% of buyers wouldnt bother with it just as 30% of buyers don't bother with leaving feedback.

weird when buyers expect FB left for them, as.. its probably more important if left for the sellers  

Signatures suck.
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

You couldn't make a buyer leave a flag any easier than you can make them leave feedback.

All you can do is check the tracking to see if it has been delivered and move on.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply